Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Eggplant Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 10:11 AM
    Cake and eating it too
    I have been married for 4 1/2 years-I have known my husband since 2001. We have a child together. I have been unhappy for some time now. Probably since my son was born, I realized that I could never meet his expectations. I feel as though I have been comprimising who I am because I am not happy and fell out of love with him. I met a man who is in a similar situation-however he has 3 kids! I fell in love with him and I am finally me again. I know what I am doing is not right, however-this is not the best time to sell a house and I am not financially ready. I cannot stay in this unhappy marriage because of my son--he is my number 1 priority BUT I can't live the way I'm living. I have limited family support as does my "lover" I am looking for support. Please offer me some words... thanks
    Eileen1218 Posts: 145, Reputation: 8

Nov 19, 2008, 10:40 AM
    I never understood how people can be so selfish! You have a child and your "lover" has three. Have either one of you stopped to think about their feelings and what chaos their lives will turn into? I have seen these cases so many times and guess what? /The Children are the Ones to SUFFER. They will be shuffled back and forth from one parent's house to the other and believe me it does a number on kids... to upset their lives and emotions. If your husband is not abusing you and he is good provider?. but, you say you just fell out of love w/ him... you should stop and think this over and get your mind back in where it belongs. I've been a long marriage and yes I've had times days, weeks and sometimes months that I did feel that I was "in love" w/ my mate.. but, don't give up that's just called married life and being human.
    Think about it long and hard!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 19, 2008, 03:07 PM

Yes, instead of getting counseling and working on your marriage you go out and find a lover, so not only do you ruin one marriage, you end two.

So both of you get two jobs and pay the bills, he will be paying the majority of his pay to child support for three kids.
    frangipanis Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2008, 04:23 PM

Family and friends are usually good at helping to keep your feet on the ground. Do you think you can keep your thoughts and emotions together long enough to seek counselling? It might be what you need to help prevent making a rash decision to do with your marriage and family (and his) you could easily regret a few years down the track.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Got cake? [ 5 Answers ]

These kinds of pictures will always crack me up! 6248 Happy cake day!! Hehehe

Christmas cake [ 2 Answers ]

I made a christmas cake November 2006 and still have it It was stored in greaseproof paper /foil and plastic container /not refrigerated Am I right in thinking if I re-iced it it can be eaten? In days gone by the first tier of a wedding cake was saved and used for the first born christening...

Cake spongy but dry! [ 8 Answers ]

I made a cake the other day. It was a Betty Crocker super moist white cake. Liquid Ingredients: 1 1/4 cups water 1/3 cup oil 3 Eggs whites. I baked it for 28 minutes in a 13" x 9" pan.

The top of the cake [ 4 Answers ]

Im learning how to cook cakes and so far they come out really good. I think it is time for me to go to the next level. I can't do that unless I first learn how to make the top of the cake flat. It seems like I am flatting it and flatting it but once it come out from the oven its no longer flat....

Cake [ 4 Answers ]

How do you make homemade cake not from a box?

View more questions Search