Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clifford Pinto Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2008, 07:51 PM
    Blower shuts off
    The blower to the furnace shuts of every 2 minutes I have instaled a new thermostat it still shuts off
    juggallojed Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Nov 19, 2008, 07:13 PM

First thought is always a bad(overheating) motor

Is the motor getting hot?

The thermostat doesn't normally control the blower for heating.

If it is thermally activated your burner pressure may be too low. With the limited info that's all I can "guess at" for now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower shuts off and freezes ac unit [ 3 Answers ]

My blower will shut off on it's own and then the ac unit freezes up. I try to turn the blower on in the manual on mode and it will not come on; after quite awhile it will come back on and then I have to wait for the ac unit to defrost. Any suggestions?

Carrier 58GS125-2, Burner shuts down after 10 Sec, no Blower [ 6 Answers ]

I am trying to fix a Carrier Model 58GS125-2 with spark ignition. Thermostat Switches on Heat Spark Starts Pilot Lights After about 10 seconds Burner Starts After about 10 more second Burner goes out Pilot stays lit and burner keeps cyling on and off with no blower. Extra info. 3 Wire...

Burner shuts off before blower turns on [ 1 Answers ]

My 4-5 year old rheem furnace has a problem. Everything seems fine until the burners start up. They fire up, but only stay on for about 3 to 8 seconds, then the blower turns on but only puts out cold air. I don't think it's an ignitor problem because the burner always ignites. It just started doing...

Blower blows air only and never shuts off [ 1 Answers ]

We have central heating (gas heated) and when we turn the heat on, the house heats up for just a couple of minutes and then the heat turns cool. Although we have it set to "automatic" rather than "on", it never shuts off because obviously it's trying to warm the house and isn't reaching the set...

Kenmore, NUGK075DG02, Blower comes on then shuts off [ 4 Answers ]

The blower kicks in for a couple of minutes then shuts down, probably because it will not ignite. Any idea what the cause could be?

View more questions Search