Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mzukkubit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 04:55 AM
    Is This a good thesis Statement
    Child abuse is a problem that includes many types, has many causes and affects the innocent, abused children negatively and leaves deep emotional scars in them
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2008, 05:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mzukkubit View Post
    Child abuse is a problem that includes many types, has many causes and affects the innocent, abused children negatively and leaves deep emotional scars in them
    Hi, mzukkubit!

Yes it's a good beginning to a thesis statement! Here's a re-write for you though for your consideration as you continue to draft your thesis.

Child abuse is a problem that can involve having a number of different types of abuse that have many ways of manifestation that can also lead to affecting innocent children negatively in ways that can leave deep, emotional scars in them.

I'm trying to keep your thoughts in mind as much as possible, it is after all, your assignment and must reflect what you know. That's one possibility of a re-write. There are other ways of stating it, also...

What were the specific instructions given to you by your teacher as to how to write your thesis, please?

If you continue to post more about your thesis, I would suggest doing so in the Writing forum area. You'll most likely get the most professional help there.

Thanks!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2008, 05:41 AM

Here's another possible re-write.

Child abuse is a problem that can be manifested in a number of different ways that, depending on the type of abuse, can lead to innocent children being affected negatively by causing them to have deep, emotional scars.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thesis statement [ 5 Answers ]

Is this a good thesis statement? Becoming more aware of native cultures helps us to see the beauty in life

What is a good thesis statement with any book and another book or movie [ 2 Answers ]

Well do u have a good thesis stament for sny book and movie

Thesis statement [ 2 Answers ]

I needa a help forming a thesis statement integrating the fall of the house of usher and dr jekyll and mr hyde.

Thesis statement [ 2 Answers ]

This is what I have to do: Discuss the characterization in the novel. Identify the protagonist and antagonist. Are the main characters round or flat? What are some of the main characteristics of the protagonist? Is he or she a sympathetic character? Organize your response so that you have a...

Thesis Statement [ 2 Answers ]

I need help creating a thesis statement. I'm writing a paper on Outsourcing Jobs to foreign countries. Can you help me write a thesis statement?

View more questions Search