Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pupatella Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2008, 09:58 PM
    Voluntary remittance of paternal rights
    How my ex husband can give up his paternal rights of our son to me?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2008, 05:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pupatella View Post
    How my ex husband can give up his paternal rights of our son to me?

There are hundreds of answers to this - all the same. He cannot relinquish his rights to the child LEGALLY unless there is someone there to adopt that child. If you and a new husband want to adopt the child in most cases your exhusband would have to agree and you would have to be married at least one year, in a stable marriage.

Your ex can simply walk away but he can't legally relinquish his rights.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 19, 2008, 05:48 AM

As Judy said this is discussed in hundreds of threads in this forum. So you might want to browse a bit.

But my question to you is why do you want him to give up his rights?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Voluntary Parental Rights [ 2 Answers ]

Hey all, I have an ex who is the father of my daughter who is now 4 years old. He has not paid child support, or sent anything to her in alomost 2 years. And we broke up 2 years ago. In any event I am begging him to sign over his rights to her and he finally agreed. He knows it's best cause he...

Paternal rights [ 2 Answers ]

My illegal girlfriend is pregnant with my child (that will not be determined until after the child is born an a DNA test given). If DNA testing proves this child is mine can I gain full custody so she can never leave the country with my child ? Thanking you in advance

Voluntary relinquishment of paternal rights [ 6 Answers ]

Is is possible for the father of my child to relinquish his paternal rights and legal obligation without my current husband contacting a lawyer for an adoption proceeding? The father has no interest in my child because she is handicapped and I have no interest in receiving his money.

Paternal Rights [ 4 Answers ]

I fathered a child with someone. (Yes, I know it was foolish.) My problem is that the mother has turned this in to a power struggle. We have agreed that in this situation an adoption is the best thing for the child. The mother does not want me involved in any way. She wants me to sign over my...

Voluntary termination of paternal rights [ 11 Answers ]

My ex wants me to sign over my parental rights. I live in Mississippi and she lives in Tennessee. I am a recovering alcoholic with three years sobriety. I have three children with three different women. When I was drinking I was cheating on my girlfriend with another women and they both became...

View more questions Search