Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blondbabe100 Posts: 35, Reputation: 0

Nov 18, 2008, 06:00 PM
    Why do we have to?
    OK so here it is why do we have to do home work when we do work ion class?huhhhhh? You that's what I thought it is ridiculous. Some one please awnser that because I'm clueless:mad:
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 18, 2008, 06:05 PM

You go to school for around 6 hours a day, that's not even a part time job. When you get into the real world you'll have to work around 8 hours or more a day, 5 or more days a week, sometimes even on the weekends.

Life isn't always fair, we all did homework at home, there isn't always enough time during class. Get used to it. School is easy compared to real life.

Good luck.

Nov 18, 2008, 06:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    You go to school for around 6 hours a day, that's not even a part time job. When you get into the real world you'll have to work around 8 hours or more a day, 5 or more days a week, sometimes even on the weekends.

Life isn't always fair, we all did homework at home, there isn't always enough time during class. Get used to it. School is easy compared to real life.

Good luck.
    thanks cause I was clueless =]
    mikedem7 Posts: 104, Reputation: 13

Nov 18, 2008, 07:34 PM

Now you have more time for homework and less time for relationships

Nov 18, 2008, 07:51 PM
    [QUOTE=mikedem7;1381997]now you have more time for homework and less time for relationships[/Q

exacally my point =]
    xxariesxx Posts: 202, Reputation: 40

Nov 18, 2008, 09:41 PM
    Alty is right, school days are some of the best of your life. Even if it doesn't seem like it you'll look back and miss it.

If you think you have a lot of homework now, in college you're expected to do homework for 3 hours outside of class for every 1 hour in class. So for a 3 hour class you need to do 9 hours of homework. A lot of college students have jobs, families, and go out and have fun too; it's just all about balance.

But yes enjoy your time now and do your homework :)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 18, 2008, 09:49 PM

I miss school. Life was so simple then. Go to class, do homework, study, hang out with friends. No bills, no mortgage, no cooking, no cleaning, no kids, no husband. Just freedom.

Blondbabe, tell you what, I'll trade you. I'll go to school for you for 1 week, and you come here and take over my life for a week. I guarantee that school will be looking pretty darn good by the end of that week.

Sigh. ;)
    hannah_nicole Posts: 163, Reputation: 13

Nov 18, 2008, 09:52 PM

Its to prepare you for future schooling when you really do have to know your stuff and study for hours every night, so you get into a study pattern before it becomes more so review and consolidation of what you know in your last years than homework. It really is for your future benefit.
    Luv2Dance Posts: 56, Reputation: 7

Dec 3, 2008, 09:14 AM

It's reinforcing what you learned in school... seeing if you can now do it independently after it was taught and practiced with the teacher... release of the responsibility!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2008, 09:51 AM

It's only useful if it is meaningful and not busywork. I assign minimal homework because my class is going nonstop most of the day and I want "my kids" to have some down time. Many are involved in afterschool activities, family activities, or just playing with friends and I feel those are important as well.

While I expect parental involvement, I know realistically that won't always be the case, so the homework I assign can be done by the student alone. Thankfully, most of my parents are very involved and do offer support to their children at home.

I base it on individual need. If little Sarah needs extra work with multiplication, she will have some extra practice on that. If little Johnny is having trouble with comprehension, he will have some extra practice with that. They will have occasional projects or reports that they have to do some research on. We have practiced this in class as this will become a larger part of their work load in higher grades.

For the most part, it is to give additional practice when needed and to let the parents see what their child is learning about in school.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search