Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CFBrannum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2008, 04:05 PM
    Preventing or eliminating cigarette smoke in a house
    My husband and I are non-smokers, but my mother, a heavy smoker, has come to live with us. It is very difficult to get her not to smoke in the house or to get her to smoke only in designated areas. How do we sufficiently prevent and/or eliminate the offensive smell of cigarette smoke in our home?
    comalua Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2008, 08:55 PM
    I don't mean to state the obvious here, but isn't the home yours, and your husband's? I'm certain that your mother had "rules" for her home while you were coming up- just as you were expected to respect them, so should she be.

Smoking isn't just a minor pet peeve (like "please put the cap back on the toothpaste"), it's a major health risk.

Ask her to go outside.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you get rid of smoke smell after house fire? [ 4 Answers ]

House is pretty much gutted. Need to get smoke smell out of my running watch, book bag, and heart rate monitor. What's the best way to do that? Thanks! Rob

One year old lab mix suddenly eliminating in the house [ 2 Answers ]

Our one year old lab mix is female, spayed and housebroken (we thought). She is suddenly peeing & pooping in the house (sometimes while we're in the same room with her). Her nose is cold & wet, she's eating & drinking & very energetic - she seems completely healthy. This happened about two...

Preventing nursing home from taking patients house [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is ill and at some point will go to a nursing home. If he signs a quit claim deed will it prevent the nursing home from taking the house for payment? I was told if a person has no assets Medicaid will pick up the nursing home costs. Is that correct

Smoke smell in your house [ 3 Answers ]

How can I get the cigarette smell out of my house? Is there not some kind of chemical substance I can use on my walls? I know that when people have lived in an apartment where they have smoked there is something they use to clear out the smell before they let someone else move in.:eek:

Smelling smoke in the house [ 1 Answers ]

This is the second season using our Kozy pellet stove. First season and the first month of this season, it worked great, but now we are smelling smoke when we use it. My guess is a loose pipe or connection somewhere in the venting system, but I'm curious as to why it would starting smelling now. ...

View more questions Search