Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laurieg720 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2006, 04:33 PM
    Ceiling Fan Lighting
    I have a ceiling fan with a light kit, all controlled via a remote. One night I went to turn on the light with the remote (ceiling fan running) as I have done many times and the light bulbs burned out. I replaced the bulbs and they won't work, but the fan works fine.

I took apart the unit. I tested the blue wire (marked lights) with the 9-prong connector from the unit to the light kit off and I have power. As soon as I connect the light kit connector, I do not have power anywhere on the blue wire.

Thanks for any help!
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2006, 08:40 PM
    The power readings can be misleading with remote kits. Sometimes when bulbs burn out they take the remote receivers with them. It is also possible you have a loose connection in the connector, you can try bypassing it for the light wire.

What make is the fan?
    laurieg720 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2006, 06:31 PM
    Harbor Breeze
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2006, 11:32 PM
    Ok I stick by my original answer. If it was a higher-end fan I might have amended it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recessed Lighting [ 8 Answers ]

Need help with Recessed Lighting. The included picture is an electrical diagram I used in wiring up some recessed lighting. The switches used are 600w Dimmer Switches with push on/off feature. The problem is that on the center switch the dimming feature burns out consistently but I am still able...

Suspended Ceiling / Recessed lighting [ 5 Answers ]

I have a "problem" suspended ceiling. I bought a house almost a year ago, and I knew that at some point the suspended ceiling in the basement would become a frustratiion. The finished room is about 10x21 feet. It is a USG ceiling with 2x4 USG ceiling tiles. The issue is that the ceiling is hung...

Hanging ceiling fan from vaulted ceiling peak [ 2 Answers ]

Want to install Hampton Bay's Berlini model 729395 on a cathedral ceiling with a single ridge beam. Want to hang fan from the peak and there's not enough room for the canopy to cover the hanger bracket. Is there any extenders for this?

Ceiling Fan Lighting problem [ 5 Answers ]

Hello I have just installed a brand new Hampton Bay ceiling fan. The fan comes on but the light that is underneath doesn't. The wiring system that I had came with a male and female plugging unit. I matched up the colors on the plug but the light that is underneath the fan doesn't come on. Any...

View more questions Search