Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmedlock33 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2008, 03:08 PM
    Commensalism with birds and trees
    Ok so I have to find out why a bird being in a tree is an example of commensalism. I pretty much figured out that commensalism is when it helps one out and does not affect the other. I just can not figure out why this is an example. Someone please help, it would be greatly appreciated!:)
    jynx3943 Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Nov 21, 2008, 03:30 PM

Commensalism is a symbiotic relationship in which one organism benefits and the other is neither harmed nor benefits. The tree is not harmed by the bird and also does not really benefit from it staying there. The Bird, however, benefits greatly in many ways including having shelter, food in buds or leaves, a safe place for the bird's young, safety from predators ets... Now do you see why?
    mmedlock33 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2008, 05:46 PM
    Yes thank you so much!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Commensalism in deciduous forests [ 1 Answers ]

What are examples of commensalism in deciduous forests?

What are examples of commensalism in the rainforest? [ 2 Answers ]

I have looked everywhere for a week now and I can not find any examples of this please help.:confused:

Commensalism in the savanna grasslands [ 3 Answers ]

I have a biome project and can't find commensalism in the savanna biome, OR parasitism

Mutualism, commensalism, parasitism [ 1 Answers ]

What are some examples of mutualim, commenalism, and parasitism in the temperate grasslands?

Mutualism and Commensalism [ 9 Answers ]

What is an example of a mutualism in temperate grasslands and what is an example of commensalism in temperate grasslands.

View more questions Search