Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbowers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2006, 03:37 PM
    Secured Cd Loan Question
    Hi- I bank with the Washington State Employees Credit Union. I have 20,000 in a CD. My credit is not that credit, everything is paid off though. I went to the credit union to just asked some questions. They said that the CD can be used as collat. For an auto loan. (A secured CD loan) I can also borrow the full amount. She said it doesn't take very long and you get the check the same day to deposit in your checking acct.

How does one get approved for this? Is there a credit check or what kind of information is needed? Basically, I would be using my own money as security in case I don't make a payment. Which, I have never been late or failed to make a car payment in the past.

Thanks for your help! :)Lisa
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 24, 2006, 04:29 PM
    Since its secured debt, there is no need for a credit check. If you default, they just take what's in the account.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need an SBA loan [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Is there a way to get an SBA loan with bad credit?

Loan [ 3 Answers ]

I will be purchasing a new car soon.I currecntly have very little outstanding bills. I own my home outright with no mortgage. I want to get a loan to pay for the car and maybe even buy a travel trailor. What would be the best type of loan for me to get, or should I use several diffent loans.

E-mail group (secured) [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for site where we can register ourselfves as a 'group'... where by sending one email... the email would be automatically forwarded to each member of the 'group' I found a few sites however I do not know whether they are safe/secure or not... I want it so that only persons within the...

View more questions Search