Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sumani1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2008, 11:44 AM
    Approaching menopausal possibilities of pregnancy
    I am 43 yrs old, last month I had a M.T.P done on 16.10.08,had intercourse with condom on 1.11.2008 though it was told to maintain sexual restriction for six weeks,usually prior to M.T.P. my menses was 28-30 days cycle,till today it has not appeared, I fear weather I am having pregnancy again? Or it happens normally a little late & how many days I could wait for it?Secondly if it happens positive at that time what is the safest way to get rid of it? Can a woman at the age of 43 is allowed to have an I.U.D or oral contraceptive pills?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2008, 01:01 PM

It can be normal to have your cycles go off a bit after a termination. See what happens next month... if you are indeed pregnant again, it would be early enough if you still wanted to terminate again. Do follow your doctor's directions of waiting to have sex... it is so much better for you to make sure you have healed properly.

At 43 you can still use the pill or IUD... depending on your general health, your doctor may suggest one over the other.

If you want to make an unplanned pregnancy even more unlikely, consider a tubal ligation or your partner having a vasectomy (much easier for him to have it done).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mother-in-Law not menopausal, mental illness maybe? [ 1 Answers ]

I at first thought my mother-in-law was menopausal she's only 49, but I've spent two years in this family and have come to realize that she has some real emotional health problems, thank goodness my husband turned out OK. He informed me that she was always "crazy" like that. I'm 99% sure she has a...

Prom is approaching! [ 1 Answers ]

So, there's this girl that I like, and I think she likes me also. We met a few years ago and were just OK friends, but now we've become a lot closer. She calls me almost every day wanting to hang out, and I keep refusing because I'm so confused. Prom is approaching, and when I decided to feel her...

Christmas is fast approaching [ 12 Answers ]

As the festive season is almost upon us, now is the time to take advantage of my wine knowledge. So go right ahead, let me know what your going to be eating and I'll make the best match I can. Bear in mind my knowledge is from the UK wine trade so I'm not up on US brands and especially prices,...

Approaching [ 6 Answers ]

:o Since long time back I decided to make a girl frind, but still (after 6 years) I couldn't do that. I started to read books to find what my problem is to solve, I found it, but not able to fix... that is funny, isn't it? My problem is that I'm not good on talking and when I want to start to...

View more questions Search