Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dragon316 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2008, 10:13 AM
    Ps3 headset not working
    :confused:i called sone customer service got me no where gamestop didn't know what to do so amybe someone here can I play socom I press the power button on screen it says its connected but I can't talk and headset icon I turn it off you get from there.

& the sony.com plastation network no one has answerd my question yet maybe someone here can help out.

I went under ps3 system stuff to serch for the head set wireless bluetooth head set all I get I an eroor message. What to do.

I got it at bestbuy 50% of the time people that work there know what there talking or don't know the answer I'm asking can't return it therw out the receipt.

... and sigh I have verizon fios which the speed on the compture to borwse the net is the same as dsl or slower I don't if that's problem.

Its stuff like this I hat wireless bluetooth stuff... sigh any sugestions what to do?:mad::mad::confused:

Thanks
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2008, 02:23 PM

Well first I don't fully understand... you said it connects but when you speak it doesn't go through... for this check your volume levels... maybe you have the headset muted, this would be part of the in-game options.

But then you also said that when you try and connect it you get an error message. Can you type exactly the message you get (like the error code) and maybe I can help more.

Finally, even if you don't have the receipt Best Buy should exchange it for another headset. Is this the "official" PS3 bluetooth headset?

Nov 20, 2008, 08:44 PM
    What I mean by connect is players have the head set icon when playing the game I don't have the icon when I turn the head set on and while I'm playing the game I turn the head set on it says connected but I can't talk or anything and the volume is tunred all the way up.

Errroe message I don't get the get no erroe code but it's a message first message is sacanning please wait ( if I wait long enough ) message will change to erro can't locate bluetooth wirless device or something.

On the pcakage it says officila bluetooth headset with the socom game for ps3
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2008, 02:35 PM

I found this on boards.playstation.com about this exact problem... hope it helps

A Bluetooth headset has to be registered, or "paired", with your PS3 before it can be used.

Make sure your Bluetooth headset is fully charged before you begin.
    Check your headset instructions for entering "pairing mode". Activate your headsets' "pairing mode" so it can be recognized by the PS3.
    On the Cross Media Bar (or XMB) of the PS3 go to the "Settings" tab, then down into "Accessory Settings", then down into "Manage Bluetooth Devices".
    With your headset in pairing mode, follow the onscreen instructions and let the PS3 scan for your headset. When your headset is found, follow the prompts and enter a pass key (if necessary- the default is usually 0000 for all brands). The pairing should now be complete.

Nov 24, 2008, 01:32 PM
    Thanks for the help I did just that & forgot to input the password now I have to start all over again and I'm not even sure if it will still work thanks for the help.

Ps. If I would have inpute the password it would have worked.

Nov 24, 2008, 03:08 PM
    Forget what I said its working now I don't know whow & I don't carer its working now that's all that matters now.

Once again thanks for the help
    Christopher618 Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2008, 10:23 PM

Lol I know you said the problem was fixed but I have to comment. The headset I got which isn't intended for ps3 is for a phone and the problem I had is the same one you had so you probably did the same. I got so frustrated I about broke it in half. All I did was unsync it and then sync it back and wall-a there it was working again. Sometimes to many bluetooth items linking here and there such bluetooth items as cell phones and other headsets etc. good gaming and good shooting

Nov 26, 2008, 09:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher618 View Post
    lol i know you said the problem was fixed but i have to comment. the headset i got which isnt intended for ps3 is for a phone and the problem i had is the same one you had so you probably did the same. i got so frustrated i about broke it in half. all i did was unsync it and then sync it back and wall-a there it was working again. sometimes to many bluetooth items linking here and there such bluetooth items as cell phones and other headsets etc. good gaming and good shooting

Ill keep that in mind but that was my problem the only bluetooth headset I have is for the ps3 I have no other bluetooth items in my house what so ever and why it took so long just to configure the headfset to the ps3 when the guy at gamestop it took him seceonds but me it took minutes or hours to finally find the blasted thing.
    coriehardman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2011, 06:54 AM
    Hey I have the same problem :( I have excganged my head set twice and it still not working and when I try to test it it sends me an error code well I'm off to bed but I need help!!

masseffectluv Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2012, 06:21 AM
    I had the same problem like the ps3 said it was connected but the icon wouldn't appear and notifications wouldn't come up on the PS3 when I would e.g. turn it off, turn the volume down, or whenever I muted it so please what did you do to fixx it
    ka1313ka Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2012, 09:44 AM
    Please help me. My headset for ps3 is fully charged, but when I turn it on the red and blue light is flashing. How can I fix it. Thank you.
    jaffeyjoeblaze Posts: 157, Reputation: 16

Apr 2, 2012, 02:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1313ka View Post
    Please help me. My headset for ps3 is fully charged, but when I turn it on the red and blue light is flashing. How can I fix it. Thank you.
    Do you know which model headset you have?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I connect remote headset to old TV and DVD/VCR? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a TV with coax input for "cable" and RCA A/V input only. The "output port" of a combo DVD/VCR is connected to the TV's A/V input. How do I connect "remote earphones" to otain audio from both devices? I have added an RF Modulator with an output port but to no avail.

Why usb headset not working [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a logitech usb 250 headset. When I connect to usb computer show everything connected but, not working. I have a xp pro with sp2. This headset is working on with my another computer.

360 headset [ 2 Answers ]

I just got xbox live today, I had to get a wireless thing and a new headset, I got onto xbox live just fine, but when ever I go to play a game, my headset won't work, I can't hear anyone talk and I don't think they can hear me

Wireless Headset Causes Headaches! [ 9 Answers ]

I recently purchased a Micro$oft xbox 360 wireless headset used for online voice communication. The headset is specified as 2.4GHz. Since I have purchased this product (Jan.1st).. I have been experiencing deep headaches and pains at the base of my head. As I do not usually suffer from headaches...

Wireless headset , not phone use [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to use a wireless headset to create documents with speech recognition software. I understand bluetooth communicates with a phone. What equipment should I use for the computer mic jack only ?

View more questions Search