Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    virgodiva Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2008, 09:38 AM
    I can't afford the note on a truck that is inmy name that hubby is supposed to be pay
    I was foolish enough to sign for a truck for hubby. He has yet to make a payment since June and now the truck note is almost three months behind and you know the rest. They are ringing my phone off the hook at work and home. How can I get rid of this thorn in my side? Right now, I need peace of mind back and can't too much worry about credit. Do I let the bank take the truck, take it back to the dealership or try to privately sell, i.e, carmax? Help
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2008, 12:28 PM

You being the co-signer have just as much liability as the person who obtained the loan.
    slowandeasy Posts: 353, Reputation: 14

Nov 18, 2008, 02:02 PM

Yes,and remember this if the truck is repossessed and sold for less than is owed you may also find yourself with a bill for the balance. Where is your hubby now? Find him and get some answers as to why he has not paid.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2008, 02:16 PM

The best solution is to return it yourself, I don't know if you need him to consent on that though, I would assume so.
    virgodiva Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 08:12 AM
    Thank you all that responded. It gives me some direction to go in. hubby is still up under roof, and his job situation has been real shaky as of late. The car is in my name only, so I would assume that I got the first, last and final say as to what happens to the thing. Is anybody out there that would like a 2008 Toyota Tunda, gold?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 19, 2008, 03:24 PM

You will need to try and sell it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My hubby [ 3 Answers ]

I Have Never Had An Orgasm. It's Not That I Don't Like The Sex I Love It But I Just Can't Have An Orgasm. What Can I Do?

Can I take over a joint mortgage inmy name [ 1 Answers ]

I have been in a joint mortgage with a friend for 20mths, he is getting married and moving away and I would like to take the mortgage over in just my name. Can I do this and how? Do I need to re-mortage?

How much can an ex hubby get away with? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, my question is about a divorce. We divorced in Oct. of 2007. I have custody of our two small children. He was ordered NOT to pay child support for a medical condition that the judge didn't even ask for any documentation on. I have my doubts about this sickness. He was however ordered to...

Can't afford truck payments [ 6 Answers ]

I bought a truck several years ago that I really cannot afford. I have tried to sell it every way I know how (local papers, eBay, on-line, car ads, etc.) to no avail. I've went to numerous car dealerships, both used & new, and they all want to buy the truck (for less than I owe on it) with the...

View more questions Search