Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nipack912 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2008, 08:50 AM
    Removal of Incorrect Information
    :)IM WRITING BECAUSE I keep getting the run around. About 5 year ago I bought a gun and took it back to the base in the trunck of my car because I didn't have time to make it home and back to the base, anyway the CID found out and arestted me and when question me I told then I bought it for a friend which I did, by admitting to that I didn't know you can't do that and its against the law in Georgia so they took me to my CO and turned me over to him no jail time or nothing. I work for the ports and now they are starting the new system about having a twic card when they did my background check they found this on my record and its causing all kind of problems. I want to get this off my record because I was not convicted of anything nor punishment but in my record I had 14 hours of yard duty and they even took the gun now they have it on my record I call, write and email and still I can't get the right information or person to clear this up. The CID said they sent a letter to change the information in my file since may yet its still there and I can't seem to get a copy of dispotion to see where they have remove it. I have a family to take care of I'm the main bill payer in my house I have 5 children. I need help to get this done I don't know where else to ask for help. Please help me
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2008, 09:13 AM

I think you were convicted of something hence the 14 hours of yard duty. What you did was a real no no in the military.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2008, 10:29 AM

"never told about it until now" doesn't wash, sorry. You knew you did something with that gun you happily "borrowed" to SELL to a friend. Now, don't you think you didn't do anything wrong? Your CO apparently cut you some slack on the incident and didn't send you to the stockade for that little, teensey infraction.

Keep writing letters until one of them are answered.

Nov 18, 2008, 11:25 AM
    I bought the gum with my money OK and yes my CO gave me a break. So if he did why do I have something on my record without being informed of it. That's the problem I'm having and how do I clear it up. My family should not have to pay for the stupid things I don't when I was young
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 18, 2008, 11:46 AM

Even if you were not convicted, the event happened, there is no way to cover up or do away with true information on your military record.

Even if it was a conviction, a explungment will not help. What happens is the military and security background searches will show even explunged records

Nov 18, 2008, 11:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Even if you were not convicted, the event happened, there is no way to cover up or do away with true information on your military record.

Even if it was a conviction, a explungment will not help. What happens is the military and security background searches will show even explunged records
    OK I can understand that but I contact CID and they change the information but I can't seem to get a copy of what they said so I can apply for my twic card. I'm just trying to get a dispotion on my file to keep my job

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Incorrect symbols [ 2 Answers ]

Whenever I try make a question mark an e with a slant on the top comes up, the period button and others don't make the correct symbols either. What can I do to change that and make the right symbols?

Amount incorrect [ 4 Answers ]

I had a car that was repossed and the lender sold it but is charging me the full amount of the loan. How do I find out how much he sold the vehical for and would I only owe the diffrence

Incorrect W2 [ 1 Answers ]

I received my W2 from my current employer around the end of February (Late, I know), and it was completely screwed up. Some of the fields were missing, some were only half filled in... So, they updated the accounting software, and now we have new ones (Recieved at the end of march... just keeps...

Incorrect W-2 [ 2 Answers ]

My ex-empolyer did not pay me for 8 weeks of work for 2006. Now, I get a W-2 showing he paid me. I have a claim in with the labor dept last year but they did nothing, well they made a phone call but that was it. I have a copy of the only check they did give me for 2006 and it was returned for...

Incorrect wiring [ 4 Answers ]

When contractor installed the gas furnece, he did not connect the wires from Central A/C to the furnece. I connected two wires white and red coming from A/C unit to the furnece, the AC unit works but the blower fan of the furnece does not go on. I just need your help to figure out how many wires...

View more questions Search