Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

Nov 18, 2008, 06:06 AM
    Period 1 week late, negative tests.
    My husband and I are trying to conceive. My period is one week late, but all of the hpts I have taken are negative. I have used first morning urine, and tried different tests. What could be going on here? Is it likely to have false negatives? I plan to go to the doctor if my period does not come at all this month. I have always had a 28 day cycle and can never recall being late. I am not under any stress right now. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
    ttara81 Posts: 161, Reputation: 9

Nov 18, 2008, 02:04 PM

Hi there. Women can skip periods at any given month, for any given reason. This happened to me this past February. I had always started my period on time, every time and it was like clock work. I never got mine that month and in late March, it finally started. So, don't get so worried right now. You may be just a little late or your cycle may be off a bit. I'm no doctor, but if I were you I would wait until next month when my period was due. If at the time, it still doesn't start, I'd see my doctor.

Good luck!
    Carla Keppler Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Nov 19, 2008, 03:10 AM
    Dear Ang,

I feel your pain... late period and you know you have been trying, like I said to the other lady, the brain is a strong organ, and when you try to conceive you tend to feel pregnant and all the symptoms are there. I have had many phantom pregnancies, and I am now 23 weeks with my first one, but this time I knew, all the other times I so badlywanted to be pregnant that I actually had the symptoms

And yes... you get a false negative and a false pos, when I did fall pregnant, I went for a test at 3 weeks and it was negative, I went for blood test it was negative at 6 weeks I went again it was positive... it can happen... but the saying that "u just know that you are preg" trust me it exists... I always wondered how its possible.. but you know!!

Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A week late and two negative tests [ 1 Answers ]

Okay I'm sort of scared I am a week late I check my ovulation cycle and my cervical positioning and I still have two negative tests one was test was an at home test and the other was while I was at the doctors office but I was only four days late. Am I pregnant or just losing my mind? I have never...

Late period, and 3 negative tests! [ 1 Answers ]

My Period was due October 18th, It's know the 25th. I am a week late and have had 3 Negative Pregnancy Tests. When I get my period usually my symptoms are the same as pregnancy, so it's hard to determine if my period is coming or if I'm pregnant. I have A very normal 28 day cycle, being late really...

1 week late, 4 negative pregnancy tests? [ 3 Answers ]

My last period was June 20, I did not take my birth control pill during the month of July, because my gynecologist appointment was not until a week after my last period. I should have started last week, around July 19 or 20, but I still haven't started. I have taken 4 home pregnancy tests and all...

Late period and negative tests [ 4 Answers ]

Its 5days since my missed period I took one test but I'm not sure if I passed to 10min mark but yeah there's definitely a purple line.. well anyway I took another today and it was negative but still no period could I be pregnant ?should I have a blood test done

My period is late but negative tests! [ 8 Answers ]

Hello - I am 25 and trying to get pregnant have not stressed about it at all. This month is so weird though Ihad my period on the 24 of January with spotting 4 days before. My cycle is always 31-36 days long and I am on day 37 but my period was supposed to be on the 26 of February. I use...

View more questions Search