Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2006, 10:50 PM
    Two Universes
    Two Universes

Consider two universes. Universe Omega is a universe in which God does not exist, but the inhabitants of the universe believe God exists. Universe Upsilon is a universe in which God does exist, but no inhabitant believes God exists.
    In which universe would you prefer to live? In which universe do you think most people would prefer to live?
    Cassie Posts: 150, Reputation: 46

Jun 24, 2006, 06:20 AM
    Very thoughtful question. Ok, one knows God exists, the does not. Does either ACT as though God exists? Does the universe that believes God exists have a "Bible" of truths that they live by?

I still believe I would want to live where God does exist. I believe even if one did not know he existed, you would not feel empty. In a universe without him, you would feel empty. I feel God all of the time. There are people here that do not believe he exists, some of which are basically good people. Which means God is in them and they do not know it or acknowledge it, but by God being here and inside us is what makes us good. I know people that believe God exists and do not live by his law. Some that are just evil knowing God exists and worships the devil. Knowledge does not always make life good. Gods presence does.

Yes, I would want to live in a world God does exist.
    milliec Posts: 262, Reputation: 55

Jun 24, 2006, 06:37 AM
    I know a lot of people who bring God's name to their lips at all times, but God never gets deeper than their lips, and there's not even one single thing considered to go against God's spirit they overlook.
    On the other hand, I'm lucky enough to have met some people whose conduct follows the spirit of God, and it never really mattered to me if they believe if God exists, as long as God lives in their heart.
    I think the answer is evident in your question.
    But, I didn't manage to figure out why did you walk all the way down to the end of the Greek αλφα-βετα ?
    καλημέρα!
    m.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jun 24, 2006, 12:47 PM
    Is this like that robot riddle? :p You do cook up some doosies, Magpie!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 25, 2006, 12:58 PM
    You guys have got me a little scared so I think I'll just stay where I'm at.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jun 25, 2006, 04:21 PM
    I would take the first one, Universe Omega. My intuition says we would treat each other nicer there than in Universe Upsilon where they all believed there is no God? Kind of like how us kids behaved with a parent around but all bets were off when they were gone?

I learned in mulling your question over, Magprob, that my concern is with what is happening while I'm alive more than after I am dead, with or without God existing.

I have no idea what others would choose!
    Cassie Posts: 150, Reputation: 46

Jun 27, 2006, 05:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    Two Universes

Consider two universes. Universe Omega is a universe in which God does not exist, but the inhabitants of the universe believe God exists. Universe Upsilon is a universe in which God does exist, but no inhabitant believes God exists.
    In which universe would you prefer to live? In which universe do you think most people would prefer to live?
    Where would you prefer to live?
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2006, 08:48 AM
    Sometimes I think the second one because of all the arguments about religon. But then, If people think a higher power is watching them, they tend to be a little nicer. The one in which people believe in GOD is where I would rather be.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2006, 04:04 PM
    Interesting question. I assume that since in Universe Upsilon no one believes God exists, there has never been anything to provoke the idea of God. If that is the case, then I would assume that God has not made an attempt of making Himself known. And if THAT is the case, then I would assume there is no penalty for not knowing that He exists.

Therefore, thinking more for my Eternal Life than my current Life, I would choose Universe Upsilon.
    keenu Posts: 114, Reputation: 9

Mar 27, 2007, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    Two Universes

I think this is Universe Omega... LOL
    Which one would I rather live in? I create my own reality and reality is relative.
    I live in the universe that I create. I do not believe in god so there is no god in my universe. There are infinite universes, infinite realities, infinite beliefs. No ultimate universe, no ultimate truth and no ultimate belief.
    All is possible and All IS.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search