Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    purpledolphin Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 04:20 PM
    My son has adhd.
    My oldest has adhd,pdd,ocd,odd,his age is 12 but not in his mind.hes doing much better than he was,but I am concerned about his future. Do children like him get better,I mean gain more control over outburst,and socailly as they get older? Does he have a chance of getting married and live what people call a normal life.hes been through s much I just don't want him to not be able to contribute to society when he has so much to give.
    hybridtek Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 04:41 PM
    I doubt it will get worse, so it can only get better for him. I hear they get better and grow out of it more as they grow up.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2008, 01:11 PM

He has a very good chance of things getting better for him. Medications change and something might work even better for him down the road. As he matures, he will likely find ways to compensate for his difficulties and be better at managing them. Many people will make their own accommodations and find what works for them to help them have an easier adjustment in school, the work place, and in relationships.
    Challenging... certainly, but with effort, determination, and good support he can plan on making continued gains... :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adhd [ 2 Answers ]

What is ADHD? How does it affect children and adults? What kind of help is out there?

What is add or adhd [ 5 Answers ]

reeses420 What is ADD or ADHD. Do 12 month olds scream from this if they have it?

ADHD... What do you think of it? [ 26 Answers ]

Okay I was diagnosed when I was little as having ADHD along with another disease that effects your memory (basically you forget alot). Now I completely agree that I have this other thing cause I am about one of the most forgetful people around! But ADHD I just don't think I have it. I personally...

6 1/2 yr old adhd & odd [ 4 Answers ]

:( Hello everyone. I am a 32 year old mom of 3 kids. My middle child is 6 1/2 years old and has been diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder as well as Oppositional Defiant Disorder. It is sooo hard to deal with him. It has gotten worse when I had the baby in January. He gets all...

My son has ADHD? [ 28 Answers ]

Tomorrow I am going to talk to my 8 yr old son's psychologist about his results from his evaluation which includes ADHD. The psychologist works with my husband and told him that my son does have ADHD. Even though I live with my son and see how he struggles, I am not too sure if I believe he...

View more questions Search