Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    M32003 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 02:47 PM
    Furnace blower not shutting off
    I just replaced the flue-induction motor and fan (squirrel cage) on my 9 y.o. Bryant a/c/furnace unit. Now, after the themostat temp is reached and the propane ceases to fire, the blower fan doesn't shut off. It will run for hours if I let it. Any ideas? Thank you.
    juggallojed Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Nov 19, 2008, 07:25 PM

Something is not wired correctly or the fan switch on the t-stat is on

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower not shutting off [ 1 Answers ]

After my A/C condensing unit outside has shut off the blower in the furnace will not shut off. The switch on the blower is not on manual it is on off. The thermostat is not on, on it is on auto.

Furnace shutting down [ 4 Answers ]

I have an Amana 80 high efficiency furnace. Recently had to replace the ignitor. Since then the furnace will shut off periodically. I'll reset it, and it seems to works fine, but it will shut off again. Also, is it normal for the ignitor to go through 3 cycles before the furnce kicks in?

Furnace shutting off [ 1 Answers ]

I Have A Comfortmaker Furnace And It Randomly Shuts Off. I Wake Up In The Middle Of The Night And Its Not Working. It Turns Back On When I Go Down And Turn It Off And On At The Switch. Any Idea Why It Would Do That?

RUUD AC and Furnace Blower Not Shutting Off [ 2 Answers ]

My RUUD central ac and furnace blower run continuously even after I set my Durabrand automatic thermostat to OFF. It gets really cold in the house and I have to shut off the circuit breakers to both the AC and the Furnace to turn them off. Thermostat worked fine up until a week ago, new batteries...

Blower not shutting off, heat comes on while in off position [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, The blower motor will not shut off unless done at the breaker. It will stay on even in "auto" position and when heat is not on. What's really weird is that last night even though the unit was in "off" position the heat actually come on during the night to the tempature that was set......

View more questions Search