Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LWP Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 02:44 PM
    Debt Relief
    Is it best to go to a Lawyer, a debt relief agency or try to settle with the Credit Card companies yourselves?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 17, 2008, 03:42 PM

Yes all of them are best depending on your specific needs.

The amount of debts, what type they are and how old they are. There is no one right way each time.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2008, 09:43 PM

Hi, LWP!

As mentioned, it does depend on a number of factors as to which would be the best way to proceed.

In my own dealings with credit card companies, if my debt hasn't gone to the litigation stage yet, I've found that calling the companies up on the phone, with my having a witness on another phone, has worked every time to arranged some kind of payment schedule that I can afford.

Just my thoughts...

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anyone work with Superior Debt Relief? [ 18 Answers ]

Let me know if anyone has ever worked with them!

Mortgage Debt Relief Act [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Expert, I'm presently waiting for funding to mortgage a new primary residence (call it Home C). My current residence (call it Home B), is upside down and the rental property (call it Home A), is about even. I plan to rent out my current residence (Home B), however the pay option arm minimum...

Debt Relief Education Service [ 4 Answers ]

Has anyone heard of a program called Debt Relief Education Service? They claim they can reduce your debt 75% or more. I am getting deeper in debt with no light at the end of the tunnel. Work is slow and I'm trying to stay out of bankruptcy. Most of my debts are credit cards. Banks won't refinance...

I need some serious informan on debt relief [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 21 year old female that is 8000 in debt. My credit score has dropped because of it and I can't even get a loan if I tried. I don't really know what else to do right now. Even if I get a second job, my debts won't be paid of on time. Its starting to effect my major bills like rent and my car...

View more questions Search