Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ceasefire Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 02:05 PM
    Had protected sex, but still unsure.
    My girlfriend and I had protected sex last night. Only a condom was used, she does not take birth control as of yet. I ejaculated and pulled out, the condom did not break, but as I look back on how the evening went, I am unsure of some things. We took part in mutual masturbation as a form of foreplay for a while, and during that time some of the fluids had escaped the penis and got on her hand, though I don't think much did since I had not reached full ejaculation. I put the condom on shortly after, but she touched the outside of the condom with her same hand. After a while we decided to move further and engage in intercourse.

She is about a week and a half before her ovulation.
    I understand that about 1% of the ejaculate is sperm.

What are the chances that the fluid on the outside of the condom could lead to pregnancy? We are not in any position to have a child. Can anything be done at this point?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 17, 2008, 02:07 PM

Ok, at best they say condoms are 97 percent effective and the estimate is , as used by most people they are only 90 percent effective.

So just using the condom is not ever 100 percent effective.

Plus there is sperm in the early fluids not just the ejaculatioin.

Pulling out is nothing, it is not a method what so ever.
    Ceasefire Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 02:17 PM

I understand the effectiveness of a condom. This whole event has made me worried enough to use more than one form of contraception next time.

I understand that sperm is in the early fluids, but what is the likelihood that such a small amount, when passed from hand to condom, can result in a pregnancy?

I understand that pulling out has nothing to do with it. Obviously, the idea of pulling out is to do it before ejaculation. I did not and meant not.

I understand that it is possible that she could be pregnant, but I need an opinion on how probable it is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Someone got in to my protected router! [ 2 Answers ]

I used a wireless router (LInksys) to network my 2 pc's to each other. One is called Dell, the other Compaq. I did put a password onto the router when I installed it. Yet, the other day, when I opened my "network neighborhood", not only did I see my own 2 pc's, but I saw another person's as...

Write protected [ 3 Answers ]

Hi ,I having 2 GB flash drive of Transcend company.for some unknown reason that showing "write protected ,disable it to use" message is coming.I tried several ways but not succeeded.how to disable that write protected flash drive.presently it allows to copy from the drive but not to that drive and...

What does write protected mean? [ 8 Answers ]

I downloaded a program called precast which was to help me view videos from a survy site " dumb move " any way when I try to remove the fies and folders it says they are write protected. How can I remove these? Also, I also wanted to remove a program in the add/remove program ( by the way I have...

Write protected mp3 [ 1 Answers ]

Good day. I updatedthe firmware of my mp3. Unfortunately after I have updated a message "write protected disk" appears. How will I fix my mp3. Thanks much

View more questions Search