Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ronscali Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 01:10 PM
    Pizza piena
    Looking for a recipie that my mother made at christmas a cookie that was rolled thin with rasins, walnuts. Cinnamon, sugar in a rolled dow covered in honey... can anyone help
    :)
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2008, 07:03 PM

Was "pizza piena" her personal name for it?

Was it a family recipe? If so, what was her heritage? If it was italian, do you know what part of italy the recipe could have come from? If you don't know the town, could you give me the region?

I've just done a number of Google searchs in italian using "pizza piena" and the ingredients you listed, but nothing is coming up that sounds like what you've described...

This also reminds me of Jewish and Greek deserts.
    ronscali Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 09:04 PM
    Yes it is Italian.. mother is from northern Italy a Tuscan and my father is a calabrase from southern Italy.. what I remember is a roll with nuts, mixed fruit. Rasins , with a sugar and cinnamon flavor.. these rolls where put in a pie dish which my mother called a rose shape I hope this helps.. Ron
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2008, 03:21 AM

I've found a recipe but I don't think its anything like you describe really.

Sicilian cannoli

Im also thinking it may well have been a flat cannoli with the topping you describe they can also be rolled and filled and are rather scrummy.
    The name you give here is the name the italians use for easter pie witch is savory so you kind of have me stumped ill keep thinking though.
    Good luck in your search.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pizza Hut Sandwich [ 5 Answers ]

I love the pizza hut sandwiches... they just don't make them in my hometown anymore... not for years. However I traveled to Troy, Alabama and Low And Behold... there it was... Now my thing is... how can I get one in my hometown?? Or somewhere close... Mobile ala

Mom want me send her a pizza [ 8 Answers ]

Mom want me to make a pizza and send it through mail does anyone have an ideal how I can send it off and how much it costs thanks . I never send food through mail

Thin crust pizza [ 3 Answers ]

How big can I make this pizza dough using 1 cup of flour ? I want a thin crust

Pizza piera [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a recipe called pizza piera that my italian grandmother made. It was a sticky dough filled with nuts and raisins.

Pizza Hut Supreme Sandwich [ 5 Answers ]

I used to really enjoy the Pizza Hut Supreme Sandwich, but they no longer offer it on the menu. I would like to recreate it at home, but I don’t know the portions of the ingredients (mozzarella, ham, salami, lettuce, and dressing). Does anyone know how they were made, or might possibly have a...

View more questions Search