Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigred_1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 11:53 AM
    Return air vents
    I have 2 return air vents, 1 on the floor that will open and close and on about 4 inches from celing. The bottom vent should be open or closed fro heating?
    Thanks for your help
    juggallojed Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Nov 19, 2008, 07:28 PM

Open because you want the cooler
    Air at floor level to get sucked into the system

And leave the warm air in the room

And close it for ac operation to suck the warm air off the ceiling
    EPMiller Posts: 624, Reputation: 37

Nov 19, 2008, 07:35 PM

Check out this thread from several days ago. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...me-281257.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blocking Heat Return Vents [ 1 Answers ]

Hopefully someone can help me here! The heating returns are in the floor in each room in our home. In my daughter's room, I need to either put her bed up against a vent or put a video stand which is open, there. I plan on putting either one at least one foot from the wall. Will this block...

Newer Home - no return vents in rooms. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I am a first time homeowner and bought a newer condo (built in 2005) which has 2 floors. All three bedrooms are on the 2nd floor and all 3 bedrooms have vents in the floors where the AC/heat comes from. There are 2 large return vents in the hallway between the rooms, one...

Return air vents [ 6 Answers ]

Does this also apply to the 90% efficiency models that are vented vertically to the outside of the house? We just had one installed. Brand is Rheem. Should the return then be blocked off in heating months and opened for a/c, even with the newer models?

Return air vents [ 1 Answers ]

Why is it not advisable to have a return air vent in the same room as the furnace? And does this also apply when using the air conditioner?

Replacing return air vents [ 4 Answers ]

My 50 year old house brings the return air from the four corners of the first floor. The air travels between the joists which are capped (on the bottom) with sheet metal. These two channels are then joined at either end of a large sheet metal run (about 2 ft square) that runs perpendicular to the...

View more questions Search