Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gaju Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 10:10 AM
    Heaviness in head
    Feel heaviness in head especially in evenings.Two months ago blood pressure had shot up to 200/120.Left retina also partially damaged.Please advise if I need to get a cat scan done?
    Eileen1218 Posts: 145, Reputation: 8

Nov 17, 2008, 10:45 AM
    I would advise you to get back to your doctor.
    Best to you
    Herb9z Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2008, 09:27 AM

If your blood pressure is high enough to cause vision distortions, then you are experiencing what's called "malignant hypertension". That is classified as a medical emergency. If you can't get to your doctor today, then go to the emergency room. You risk serious and permanent damage to eyes, kidneys and more- including possible stroke.

They will likely give you nitroglycerin to try to immediately reduce your BP. They might give you a scan to look for blockage of kidney arteries, in trying to determine what is the underlying cause.

Severe hypertension which is sudden in onset is also usually a sign of kidney artery disease, or other kidney problems.

This is nothing to fool around with or delay in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heaviness in the Head [ 8 Answers ]

What causes someone to have heaviness in the head?

Persistent heaviness in the head [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, I am having persistent heaviness in my head since 1 week. I feel pumping in my head and not able to sleep well. Ibuprofen is not working in my case. I feel force in my ears from inside. Sound irritates me. I went to see doctor. He diagnosed it as Sinus and gave some spray medicine > Astelin...

Heaviness in the head & dizziness [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I have been having heaviness in the head with dizziness. Even when I am sleeping I feel the dizziness. Can any one help. Its been going on for sometime.:confused:

Heaviness in the head [ 1 Answers ]

What causes heaviness in the head?

View more questions Search