Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blueiman Posts: 158, Reputation: 5

Jun 23, 2006, 09:23 AM
    Hot guy on TV
    Was watching TV with my girlfriend. You know that talent type show. Some guy on the TV without his shirt off appears. My girlfriend yells out, wow he is hot! I'm like thinking I would never say that about another women in front of her. Even if it was on TV. Not sure what to think about it. Maybe you could give me your thoughts... how would you feel if your girlfriend said the same?
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jun 23, 2006, 09:34 AM
    Well I don't think anyone likes to hear from their boyfriend or girlfriend that they think someone else is "hot". And it can raise a little insecurity. I wouldn't worry or read too much into it. We are all human we're going to find other members of the opposite sex attractive its just human nature but it doesn't mean that she thinks anything less of you. If this really bothers you just talk to her about it. Let her know that you didn't really appreciate it being brocasted in the way she said it. But honestly don't dwell on it too much unless she has to make a comment on every "hot" guy she sees which if it bothers you she shouldn't do it too much. But with one guy on TV I really wouldn't be to offended by it.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2006, 09:44 AM
    DUDE WHO CARES!! SO WHAT!! SHE FINDS A GUY ATTRACTIVE!! IT'S NOT LIKE SHE'S BANGING HIM!

WHY WOULD THAT BOTHER YOU?? I am sure you see 10 women every day you think are attractive.

Wouldn't bother me a bit.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 23, 2006, 11:22 AM
    Next time she jumps up tell her to bring you a beer!
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2006, 12:26 PM
    Yeeeeeeeeeee - I don't know - talk about his insecurities and he may tbe done with her. Women don't want a weak guy. They want to feel safe.
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2006, 12:56 PM
    Well my husband and I discuss who's hot (or not, haha!) all the time... male and female, and I think it's quite fun, actually. But as others have said, we are very secure in our relationship and we are just talking, it's kind of like a game between us, and it doesn't mean we're getting a divorce. If you think your girlfriend would be insecure about it, I would keep my mouth shut. It's too bad though that she won't extend you the same courtesy.
    tirednhurt86 Posts: 56, Reputation: 16

Jun 23, 2006, 12:58 PM
    Heyy

I think its perfectly normal for a guy or girl to check out people whether on TV or in person its only looking and not touching. But I do understand how it feels to hear the person you love to say someone else is attractive. My ex boyfriend used to say things like wow that girl is hot and stuff and it did bother me a little- but rememeber you need to find yourself attractive and have confidence- it was only on TV and it shouldn't bother u- if it really does tell her that if she feels that way to keep it to herself she doesn't need to tell you that. Anyhow hope this helped!
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jun 23, 2006, 01:28 PM
    You can look at the menu, just don't sample the food... lol... that's what I think.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 23, 2006, 01:30 PM
    That is what we do. We read the menu and it can get fun sometimes.

We are all human and we all see beauty in a different way.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 23, 2006, 03:35 PM
    If your not scared of this female give it a try the next time a hottie is on TV, if she gets mad leave and never come back because With all due respect the girl is a nut case and you are afraid of her! Just my opinion but you ask to many questions and have a recurring theme in your post INSECURITY
    Jayjay027 Posts: 153, Reputation: 31

Jun 23, 2006, 03:43 PM
    Everything you post about this girl is crazy.

She said another guy is hot?? That's actually a big deal to you?

This relationship seems like a total wrong fit, she seems totally crazy and psychotic, and you seem insecure and paranoid!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 23, 2006, 03:49 PM
    Jay,

You are right on point with this answer. Everything posted by Blue seems insecure. He totally seems insecure and dependent on her. This is a very verbally and emotionally destructive relationship.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jun 23, 2006, 04:32 PM
    It works in the world that the functional hang with the functional and the dysfunctional with the dysfunctional. All you need do is look around to see that. All the breaking up and reshuffling is about that too. Knowing how that is certainly gives pause for thought about someone who makes a long track record of critical comments about their partner without taking any action.

Asking why someone is doing something dysfunctional or crazy or unacceptable or not right doesn't change the fact that they do it.

This reminds me of a story...
    There three frogs were sitting on a log
    One hot steamy summer's day when suddenly
    One frog decides to jump in the pond...
    So the question is:

How many frogs are sitting on the log now? :p

Maybe its time you posted a question about yourself Blue. Leave the girl out of it this time.
    Stormy69 Posts: 290, Reputation: 98

Jun 23, 2006, 06:48 PM
    If this really bothers you that much. Tell her.. If she thinks you are over reacting and leaves... well then all the better.. you will know you weren't meant to be together.
    Also if this bothers you so much, I suggest dating a blind mute.. because you know what.. it's perfectly natural.
    maria26 Posts: 69, Reputation: 6

Jun 23, 2006, 07:33 PM
    I think you need to work on yourself... you don't seem to think highly of who you are. She thinks a guy is hot... big deal! Work on yourself esteem.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2006, 07:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by blueiman
    was watching tv with my gf. you know that talent type show. some guy on the tv without his shirt off appears. my gf yells out, wow he is hot!. i'm like thinking i would never say that about another women in front of her. even if it was on tv. not sure what to think about it. maybe you could give me your thoughts... how would you feel if your gf said the same?
    My husband and I are always like that when watching TV or Films and some hotty comes on.
    Its no big deal really.

Its like window shopping right, there's no harm in that!

The reason why it doesn't bother me esp with people on TV is that I know I'm his no. 1 hotty, so he's allowed to think other girls can be hot. Its normal and same goes for me. I melt when I see Johnny Depp or Matthew McConnahy (dunno how to spell it) and he just laughs at me :D

Why wouldn't u say that about another woman on TV in front of her?
    From what I gather about your girlfriend she'd probably have a fit wouldn't she?! :eek:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search