Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jun 30, 2006, 11:19 AM
    Stone the crows... Deutchland beat Argentina 4-2,on penalties.Did you see the Argentine thugs,sorry,players,attacking the German players at the end.If I was Sebb Blater (FIFA President),I would ban Argentina for ten years from International football.They are a disgrace. :mad:

Apparently it later emerged that unused Argentina substitute Leandro Cufre was red-carded after the game for his part in the mêlée.
    Jonegy Posts: 166, Reputation: 37

Jun 30, 2006, 12:28 PM
    Argentina played themselves out in the first rounds - running round like idiots - everyone in the tournament knew their capabilities and tactics by then.

The commentators have been moaning like hell about Brasil's lack-lustre performance so far - however they have not lost a match so far and no-one knows their capabilities or tactics. Saving their 'Aces' for when they're needed.

I hope England beat Portugal - it will make another easy game for Brasil as Portugal is more familiar with Big Phil's methods.

Then I'll have my fingers crossed for the 6th star on the yellow shirts.

Patriotism?? :cool: This is "football" the "beautiful game" ;) and when we get players worthy of it - they will have my support.

Luckily I lived in Brazil for a few years and still visit regularly and the pure enthusiasm of their players got to me and I've been a supporter since 1969. (unfortunately - when the big screen is up in the pub - I have to bite my tongue until I can get outside :D )

Jun 30, 2006, 02:56 PM
    Much as I admire Brasil,and no doubt many others do,for their skill,and grace,and ability to wipe out any team on the day,I feel that the French,will do well.They may not win,but will give it a good show.Personally,I hope France win.
    As for England,all through the World Cup they have only been fireing on half cylinders,and must surelly come alive against Portugal.A team full of talent,and with one of the best managers around.If England win the match,and go on to play France in one of the semi-finals,I predict (hope) for an England-Germany final,as it will be a classic.Germany must surelly beat Italy in the other semi-final? Naturally England to win the final. :D

Jun 30, 2006, 06:19 PM
    Re France...

... just loved the way one of our commentators was predicting during the last 5 minutes of the game... that this would be Zidanes last international...

.. then he scored the final goal!!

Priceless them commentators :D
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2006, 07:23 PM
    I hope England wins as well……

Quarter finals tomorrow…

Jul 1, 2006, 12:33 PM
    Firstly,I shall eat humble pie.Congratulations to Portugal for beating England.It was a woeful match,by two very poor teams.England "blew it" when Rooney was shown the red card,yet Ronaldo's antics did not help matters.God help him when he,and Rooney go back for pre-season training for Man.UTD.

Now with Sven's departure,I only hope that new manager Steve Mclaren reorganises the team,gets rid of the deadwood,and plays fully fit players,and not those because of their past record.England will bounce back for the 2008 European championships... but oh what a dreadful way to exit the World Cup.

I still think Germany will win. :D (but what do I know?)

UPDATE

France beat Brazil 1-0,and played superb.Hopefully,a French-German final?

Jul 2, 2006, 04:47 AM
    Yep - I'm with you on that Nez - France/Germany.

Brasil's blown the 6th star for a few years. I can't see Cafu, Ronaldo or Roberto Carlos in the next selection. (although Romario was top scorer in their last tournament - at 40 yr old - so I supposee you never can tell)
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2006, 02:04 AM
    I agree too.
    Germany are going to win the cup - home too :(

Jul 5, 2006, 03:45 AM
    HA ha ha.See the link on eBay,about Ronaldo.After reading the bid,scroll down the right-hand side of the page:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Good win for Italy last night against Germany 2-0.Lets hope the French put six past Portugal,and Ronaldo gets sent off. :D

Link now removed by eBay,due to the crying of Ronaldo,and his lawyers.What a plonker!!
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Jul 5, 2006, 04:27 AM
    Well, all my guesses (Argentina, England) at the start of the comp. Followed by Spain and Germany after the first round have gone down the pan. Suddenly my days as a tipster have died. Must take up croquet or bowls (playing not betting).

Good Luck to both tonight. Don't care who plays Italy, don't care who wins the final. As long as it's as good a game as last nights Germany vs Italy.
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2006, 01:37 AM
    Lucky Blues (italy) are going to win it...
    I have this gut feeling, besides being a strong team they are full of luck, proved it in a few of their games!
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Jul 6, 2006, 01:38 AM
    Especially against Australia!
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2006, 01:42 AM
    Colbtech - SPOT ON.
    That win was not meant for italy.. that's why I believe they are just one hell of a lucky team...
    And they always tend to put goals in right in the last minute!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sunset nov 4, 2006 [ 1 Answers ]

What time does the sun set on November 4th, 2006 in jacksonville fl?

Tax filing for 2006 [ 5 Answers ]

Hi: My husband and I came to the US on Sept2000 with an F1, and travel to Costa Rica (CR) every year for 20-30 days in dec/jan.Been filing married filing separate 1040NREZ as advised at my University.No treaty exists with CR so each of us only claim the standard deduction ($3200 for 2004).I will...

Do I really need to pay my tax from May 1st, 2006. [ 2 Answers ]

I came to USA with a H1B visa in May, 2005. Someone told me that person with H1B visa doesn’t pay the state and federal taxes at the first three years. But the director of Human Resources in my center told me that I will have to start paying federal and state taxes on May 1st. Can you help me and...

2006 Bmw R1200rt [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for the best price on a new or demonstrator 2005-2006 BMW R1200RT motorcycle. I want to know if someone can tell me what dealer invoice is on one. It's a great bike, but, I do want to save as much as possible when I purchase it. Looking... Will

Who is most likely to win the 2006 world cup? [ 9 Answers ]

Well my team is Argentina but I can't help to see what a team Brazil has come up with in this world cup. First let me add that anything is possible and even ghana can win(not likely). Anyway, I think Brazil has the best team ever possibly made. Their defense consist of Cafu, Cicinho, Edmilson,...

View more questions Search