Ask
    itnerd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 03:02 AM
    How do I create multiple foreign keys in access
    How do I create multiple foreign keys in access
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 17, 2008, 06:45 AM

You don't "create" foreign keys. A foreign key is a field in a related table that contains a key value of the parent table. For example, in a student database, The StudentID is the primary key of the student table. If you want to show what students are registered in a class, you would add StudentID as a foreign key in your class sessions table.

You can have as many foreign keys as you need in a table. Using the above example, your class sessions table might have foerign keys for the teacher, course, location etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Create weekly,monthly,quarterly and yearly queries in access 2007 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I have designed a database that keeps a record of users 's details as they enter and leave the library.Examples of this fields are: VisitorID,Name,TimeIn,TimeOut,DateOfVisit,NatureOfVisit All the above are recorded in a table called visitDetails. I have two tables and the...

Can I create records with OLE objects in Access & append to a linked SQLServer table? [ 2 Answers ]

There's a table in our SQL Server Database that stores various notes. There are text fields for the type of notation ( i.e. C = Customer, V=Vendor notes etc) and one for the "Owner_ID" (ie the Customer ID or Vendor ID). There's a date field for the create date of the note and the notes themselves...

Access 2003 Create invoice in Forms with 2 more items [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there Whizids! Can anyone help me as Im at my wits end. I know it can be done but how? I have created a Table with 5 people. I have used autonumber and only want the one person to appear once in Forms where I have created calculated fields for Quantity price per unit and Total. But I would...

Create Emails from ACCESS [ 1 Answers ]

How do your create emails from within ACCESS? The email address is in an ACCESS table and the message is to be created within ACCESS

Using access create database [ 3 Answers ]

To all. I'm need you all help, how to using Microsoft access create a database. Sample like I want record all the stock in my database and how to using Html interface link to the database. :(

View more questions Search