Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andydall Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Nov 16, 2008, 07:57 PM
    Friend vs. Boyfriend
    My friend asked me out 2 years ago, and I kind of rudely turned him down...
    It is now obviously 2 years later... and I really like him...
    I don't know what to say or how to act, because last time when he asked me out it made things so awkward and everythings finally back to normal between us...
    I just wanted to know if anyone had any idea what I should do...
    I know its kind of a big question but I just thought maybe someone had had a similar situation.
    ~thank youz
    :)
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2008, 08:03 PM

So does he still like you?

Nov 16, 2008, 08:07 PM

That's the problem, I don't know, and I'm afraid to ask, cause like I said last time stuff like that came up it got REALLY awkward between us..
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2008, 08:12 PM

Well he made the move last time so he will probably be reluctant to try again fearing the same response.

I think you should maybe mention to him that you were a little harsh last time and possibly made a mistake by refusing him. This will stir his curiosity.

Nov 16, 2008, 08:17 PM

Lol, thank you
    Guess I just got to step up and say something...
    Your right though, its my turn to make the first move... *crosses fingers* well, hopein for the best!
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2008, 08:34 PM

Good Luck!

And let us know how you got on :)

Nov 16, 2008, 08:39 PM

Kk, will do
    Thank youz!

Nov 16, 2008, 09:03 PM

anymore suggestions are appreciated though =P
    xxariesxx Posts: 202, Reputation: 40

Nov 16, 2008, 09:58 PM
    friend4u178 is right. Tell him you were thinking about it and regretted reacting so harshly when he told you he had feelings for you.

Are you worried about how he would react to you now if you told him your feelings? You still remained friends even though it was awkward for awhile, right? Well I don't see why that would change even if you told him your feelings. As long as you're both single, go for it.

Nov 17, 2008, 05:53 PM

Lol, thanks and... he feels the same way too!! *SQUEALS*
    I talked to him today... omg...
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2008, 06:01 PM
    If it has taken this long for him to get over the rejections then I would assume 2 things - that he still likes you and that he will not put himself in that vulnerable position again. That means it's up to you.

But he might still be worried about getting hurt. So you should take the time to explain that you feel bad that you were rude to him in the past and that you have matured since then. Appologize for hurting his feelings and assure him that you will not intentionally hurt him again.

Good luck - let us know how it goes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I like a friend with a boyfriend. [ 10 Answers ]

So yeah, I like a friend with a boyfriend and I'm pretty sure she likes me too (the way she acts, body language etc). My only problem is that I'm pretty sure she isn't planning on breaking up with him anytime soon. So my question is this, what should I do?

Ex Boyfriend as a friend? [ 2 Answers ]

I broke up with my boyfriend about 3 months ago & he's wants to be my friend. Should I reach out to him? Or just ignore him & move on? Sometimes he can be really annoying, he's always calling me 2 see if I can come over, he's got strict parents 2, & his house is hella boring & I'm always making up...

Friend vs. Boyfriend. What do I do? [ 13 Answers ]

OK the guy I am dating now... the one I've posted a lot about... he offered to end our relationship last night. What happened was that the guy I dated before him... *david... and me are friends, and my boyfriend HATES it. Me and david talk in the hallway between classes, and we've talked on the...

Boyfriend or friend? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so, a friend of mine is dating this guy and they have been dating for only a month and have known each other for 7 years. He works out of town and when he is gone he is the sweetest guy ever towards her, but when he is in town he doesn't act like that, he doesn't rarely want to kiss her she...

My best friend and my boyfriend [ 3 Answers ]

OK so I have this guy friend and we were really close and then I got a boyfriend and he got mad at me and now he's like not talking to me as much and when I try to cal l him he won't answer his phone and it kills me and you I lovee my boyfriend and I want to stay with him but I don't know what to...

View more questions Search