Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alex73 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2008, 07:29 PM
    Shower Cartridge replacement halted due to stripped screw set.
    Need assistance! I am in the process of replacing a shower cartridge but this project has been halted at it's first step removing the handle to obtain access to the cartridge. I have tried various things all of which has had the unfortunate event of stripping the screw set head so that there isn't anything to grip when I use the allen key to unscrew it. Does anyone know how I can remove this screw set which locks in the handle. The shower handle etc. is made by Delta. Thanks Alex.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 17, 2008, 07:35 AM
    I don't see where you have much choice. You have to drill out the Allen Set Screw.
    You may then use a self tapping screw to replace the old handle or simply purchase a replacement from Delta. Good luck, tom
    Alex73 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2008, 09:52 AM
    Thanks again, things worked out perfectly

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Microboards Replacement ink cartridge [ 10 Answers ]

Is there a way to refill a Microboards PF-PRO ink cartridge? Which HP chepset number can be used?

Cartridge Replacement caused Banging Pipes! [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I recently replaced a leaky cartridge in one of my showers. It has a Moen single handle shower faucet, and I used an OEM replacement. The leak was solved, and the shower worked perfectly for about two weeks. Now, suddenly, the pipes bang whenever I turn on that shower. I can turn it...

Simply unscrewing a screw that is stripped [ 6 Answers ]

How do I unscrew a screw that is stripped?

Stripped screw [ 1 Answers ]

I asked the question yesterday about what to do if you have a stripped screw and can't get it out. I went to the hardware store and they told me to buy a screw extractor set so I did. I have tried to use it but I am not having any luck. Any ideas?:(

View more questions Search