Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    muthea Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2008, 05:40 PM
    Looking for a wine described as "Chateau Grand Cru"
    When my friend was at college in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania in the mid-1970's, he would often go on a sunny afternoon to an outdoor café nearby. There he and his friend would play chess and enjoy a bottle of white wine and a cheese and fruit platter. He says it is the only wine he ever really liked, and he thinks it was called "Chateau Grand Cru". However, my research suggests he may be mistaken, since "Chateau" is always followed by the place it was made, and "Grand Cru" is an indication of grade. But I'd really like to find this wine for him! Whatever it is, it isn't dry, and it goes very well with fruit and cheese. Any ideas? I thought possibly it was Chablis Grand Cru, but I think that's dry.
    muthea Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2008, 10:06 AM

Any wine aficionados want to take a guess??
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2008, 10:09 AM

I am not a wine expert but go to Wine.com - Buy Wine, Wine Clubs, Gift Baskets and more they should be able to help you.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2008, 10:17 AM
    grand cru: Information from Answers.com

Grand cru is used in burgundy for the top ranking a vineyard can receive. It's only bestowed upon a limited number of vineyards in the côte d'or and chablis. Because the vineyards of Burgundy are divided among many owners, this top ranking doesn't always guarantee that the very best wines will be produced by the various vintners. The rank just below grand cru is premier cru.
    There are only five first growths: Chx Lafite, Latour, Mouton, Margaux and Haut-Brion.

I doubt that Château Grand Cru is the full name of the wine since it is quite generic. Chablis

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 [ 1 Answers ]

Who would win between these 2. Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 My vote is for Oscar to win this time by unanamous decision.

"red red wine" [ 14 Answers ]

Hey guys! My sister's birthday is coming up and I thought about buying her a nice bottle of wine. She enjoys sparkling, red wine. Can anyone give me any recommendation on something that is not too terribly expensive but good? :D

Mars' Incredible "Grand Canyon" [ 3 Answers ]

I was just doing some cleanup on my computer and ran across this picture. Just thought I'd share it. Most know Mars is much smaller than Earth, and some know that Mars has a canyon colloquially called the "Grand Canyon" (formerly known as Valles Marineris). Here is a picture of Valles...

View more questions Search