Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    barkley1 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2006, 12:15 PM
    Japanese fried rice
    We love to go to Goten restaurant because their fried rice is so good. It has egg and other vegetables in addition to rice. Does anyone have a recipe that would mimic theirs? It doesn't look to be a complex recipe but it tastes great... it must have some type of oil and I think the rice is cooked first. Any help? Thanks.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jun 22, 2006, 02:13 PM
    Why not ask the restaurant for it? They may be flattered enough to tell you. Or even suggest they make up something you can purchase? Like the spices or oil used and you add the common ingredients... just a thought!
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Jun 22, 2006, 03:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by barkley1
    we love to go to Goten restaurant because their fried rice is so good. it has egg and other vegetables in addition to rice. does anyone have a recipe that would mimic theirs? it doesn't look to be a complex recipe but it tastes great...it must have some type of oil and i think the rice is cooked first. Any help? thanks.
    The rice they use for friedrice at a typical asian restaurant is not the same rice as american eat and it not cook the same way... they use plenty of oil in fried rice.. . if you know how to cook the rice ( correctly for frying- so it won't stick together (then you won't have to use toomuch oil)... the frying part is very easy
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Jun 22, 2006, 05:59 PM
    A friend of mine gave me a recipe her mother uses. They are Asian and it is great rice. Unfortunately I cannot find it so I will have to go from memory. It might be worth a try.

1. use chinese rice (works much better)
    2. rice should be cold
    3. use oyster sauce NOT soy sauce
    4. veggies you like
    5. scrambled egg
    6. meat you like

She's made it with ham and that was great.

I hope this is helpful.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jun 23, 2006, 05:42 PM
    Oooh Aqua, that sounds good... what about a teeny tiny touch of hot sauce?? LOL (I just couldn't resist!) :D
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Jun 23, 2006, 09:40 PM
    Thanks Val, I thought I edit my signature temporarily just for you (and the rest of the hot sauce lovers). Take care.
    Cassie Posts: 150, Reputation: 46

Jun 24, 2006, 07:06 AM
    Most any white rice will do, just make sure it is cold and will fall apart. One great way is to chop bacon up and stir fry it and use that grease and add a bit more oil. Otherwise, put the oil in the wok, heat it then add egg and scramble it, then add the rice and chopped onion. After stir frying that add soy sauce then any meat or shrimp. Wonderful...
    Cassie Posts: 150, Reputation: 46

Jun 24, 2006, 07:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassie
    Most any white rice will do, just make sure it is cold and will fall apart. One great way is to chop bacon up and stir fry it and use that grease and add a bit more oil. Otherwise, put the oil in the wok, heat it then add egg and scramble it, then add the rice and chopped onion. After stir frying that add soy sauce then any meat or shrimp. Wonderful............
    Bean sprouts are good in it also. Top it all off with green onions

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help I Think Something Has Been Fried [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Right My PC has been died. Right, a few days ago we tried to boot it up and it would come on, but the Hard drive would not boot. If it did boot then the computer would freeze up. Then one day it just stopped working. So we changed the power supply. Now the computer is getting power, the...

Japanese Karaoke [ 1 Answers ]

Do you know how they can do it ? Another type of singing ?:D http://ahafun.net/115_Japanese_Karaoke.html

Muller rice/yoghurt ad [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know the name of the song where all the people are dancing? I know the original is 'aint got no (I got life)' by nina simone. This is not just for my own knowledge but is required as a backing tune to a gymnastics floor routine in an important competition... any help would be much...

Stan rice [ 1 Answers ]

I'm searching for a list of all poetry of Stan Rice. I read some of his work and I want to read more but I can't find many of his older works. Can anyone provide me suchs a list or does anybody know where to find one? Carnelain

View more questions Search