Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    evolvingsteve Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2008, 03:10 PM
    Do National Delegates get invited to Obama's Inauguration?
    I'm a National Delegate for Barack Obama, back from the DNC a few months ago, I'm curious to know if National Delegates get invited formally to the Inauguration in January? Just trying to plan ahead if that's the case. Out of 280,000 tickets to be given away, you would think that would be the case for over the 1,763 National Delegates across the country that strongly supported him.
    Does anyone know for sure?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2008, 07:41 AM
    That would be totally up the Obama team. I see nothing new anywhere I checked including the official Delegate web site.
    Barack Obama Delegates Home - Barack Obama Delegates

You did your job. Time to join the discarded under the bus.

<edit >
    Tickets are being distributed through the country's 535 congressional offices. And they're being bombarded with requests.You need to contact your congressional rep for the best chance of getting them.Disbursement of the tickets is at the discretion of the congressional offices, and it isn't clear on what basis they'll be given out.
    http://www.qctimes.com/articles/2008...3387834577.txt

<edit>
    Sen. Shumer announced he will "lottery" off his allotment of tickets . So you see ;no consideration is being made for delegates as far as I can find.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Nov 18, 2008, 08:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by evolvingsteve View Post
    I'm a National Delegate for Barack Obama, back from the DNC a few months ago, I'm curious to know if National Delegates get invited formally to the Inauguration in January? Just trying to plan ahead if that's the case. Out of 280,000 tickets to be given away, you would think that would be the case for over the 1,763 National Delegates across the country that strongly supported him.
    Does anyone know for sure?
    With a million plus planning to attend this historic event, even if you are awarded one of the approx 240k tickets, you should plan on paying a steep price for lodging. Personally I think you should contact your House Rep and Senator, asap.

Demand high for Obama's swearing-in | clarionledger.com | The Clarion-Ledger

"About 240,000 tickets will be divided among members of the 111th Congress so lawmakers can provide them - free of charge - to constituents.

According to Carole Florman, spokeswoman for the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies, each House member will receive about 200 tickets and each senator will get 300 to 400.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    You did your job. Time to join the discarded under the bus.
    Tom, come on now. Your dedication to a failed presidency in one George W. Bush, throwing these zingers in once in awhile, helped make McCain even more unelectable.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2008, 08:27 AM

Don't you think at very least his delegates should get some kind of VIP recognition ?
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Nov 18, 2008, 09:53 AM

Obama has recognized them over and over in his congratulatory speeches after every win. Do I think they'll be invited to be part of the historic celebration? Yes. I think that's normally how it works out traditionally in both parties. But being the large amounts of the our American public already deisres to attend the function it may not work out that way this time. We'll find out exactly soon enough. I do know some invites have gone out to students, so that our younger generation that otherwise couldn't normally afford to be there, will have the opportunity to witness the historic event. However, not everybody will be rewarded a free ticket and my guess is that unless you are a grassroots contributor that raised a significant amount during the campaign, you'll probably have to make your on way. The system for free ticket distribution, appears to go through the House of Reps, and Senators.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inauguration Date [ 9 Answers ]

I was responding to another discussion and a thought popped up that I thought should be a separate discussion. Wouldn't it be a great idea to change the inauguration date to Martin Luther King's birthday? Especially when this year, the celebration of that day falls on the 19th, the day before...

Evita sends a letter to the super-delegates [ 8 Answers ]

Here it is : Dear ___________, The stakes in this election are so high: with two wars abroad, our economy in crisis here at home, and so many families struggling across America, the need for new leadership has never been greater. At this point, we do not yet have a nominee – and when the...

Not Invited [ 9 Answers ]

My Niece is getting married and I was not invited to the Wedding however I would like to attend the Church ceremony, My Question is this can I attend the ceremony and not get thrown out of the Church buy the Priest and or his helpers ? :confused: :confused:

Bobby Jindal Inauguration address [ 1 Answers ]

Bobby Jindal is the new Governor of the State of Lousiana (home of New Orleans) Here is an excerpt of his Inauguration Speech : Baton Rouge Television Weather News Louisiana Sports Health Recipes Events WAFB CBS Programming Mississippi Bobby Jindal Inaugural Address I think the State of...

View more questions Search