Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    llickfel031 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2008, 11:49 AM
    Idling auto fuel consumption
    Many cars sit in line waiting to leave parking lots, use facilities, drive-up windows, etc. I am curious about how much gas per minute an ordinary can uses while idling.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2008, 01:36 PM

Here is one opinion on the topic:
    Re: How much gas does a car use when idling, how much used to start the engine?
    mark_proulx Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Nov 30, 2008, 09:24 AM
    If one were inclined to know the value for a specific vehicle, it might be possible to get a fuel consumption value in real time with software that communicates with the engine control unit via the OBDII port. For VW's and Audi's, the VAG-COM product may do this. I'm sure that similar applications exist for other makes.

This may be way more involved than you intended... :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Work out fuel consumption in vehicles [ 1 Answers ]

Please can someone give me a simple anser to the above. A schedule of chart would be appreciated

High fuel consumption [ 1 Answers ]

I have honda 1997 model v6 engine the fuel consumption is high, tell me the normal fuel consumption in litres/km and solution to this high fuel consumption. Thanks. >Moved to Cars & Trucks Board<

High fuel consumption [ 4 Answers ]

My Honda Civic 91 DX has bad gas mileage - about 21MPG. What could be the cause of it? I know underinflated tires can cause it, but my tires are properly inflated (as Service Manual states). I have the following items all new, so I should remove them from the list of possible causes: oxygen...

View more questions Search