Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    240ranger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2008, 09:10 PM
    Death and tenants
    Neighbor
    Died no relatives was renting to a couple the raided his house still there how to get them to leave
    rockinmommy Posts: 1,123, Reputation: 82
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2008, 07:43 AM

SOMEone, legally is the "heir" to this person's estate, and it would be up to that person to have these people evicted and stopped. At this point it's just a matter of figuring out who is responsible for the deceased person's estate.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 16, 2008, 07:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferghus View Post
    Quote: JudyKayTee disagrees: Absolutely incorrect - they need to be legally evicted according to the laws of OP's State. What does the IRS have to do with anything? End Quote.

Think about it. When you die without an heir, the Goverment cashes in. So if not the IRS then who? The Goverment now owns the house, and I'm sure would like to collect.
    LOCAL govt controls real estate. So the IRS has no jurisdiction here. This is a legal board and answers need to be legally accurate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I evict tenants? I live in Florida, ex lives in Tennessee. Tenants are friends [ 1 Answers ]

Here's the story. My wife and I used to live in our house in Michigan. She moved to Tennessee first with the kids. I moved to Florida by myself. Upon leaving the home, she suggested I rent the property to friends of hers. I was getting the rent at first and then now they send it to her only. ...

Can bank evict well paying tenants if tenants want to stay [ 3 Answers ]

My good friend from England and his family are leasing a home in Houston TX. He is a well paid man working for a oil company and (with British passports). Landlord fell sick and is about to foreclose the house and go bankrupt. My friend Martin loves to stay there to continue his tenancy (a...

Death and credit card death. [ 3 Answers ]

My father recently died leaving enough money to pay off most of his debts,but not all.I contacted those credit card companies that there no funds to pay and informed them of my father's death and that there were no assets to pay these debts.I soon received a letter (from american express) asking to...

Death and credit card death. [ 1 Answers ]

My father recently died leaving enough money to pay off most of his debts,but not all.I contacted those credit card companies that there no funds to pay and informed them of my father's death and that there were no assets to pay these debts.I soon received a letter (from american express) asking to...

Too many tenants [ 1 Answers ]

I have rented an apartment in my home to a single women for about 3 years. She has paid her rent on time one time. She is a nice women but has had numerous family members move in temporary (less than 6 months at a time). Recently her daughter and granddaughter has been staying with her when we...

View more questions Search