Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AQuin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2008, 07:35 PM
    Husband does not want to leave
    I started the divorce process on Oct. 3rd. My soon to be ex-h refuses to leave until the divorce is final. Is there anyway I can get him out before then?
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Nov 15, 2008, 07:57 PM
    It may help to answer this question if you can provide why you find that necessary...
    For instance : if there was violence involved it would be a good reason to demand that, and there would be ways to get there.

:)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 15, 2008, 08:02 PM

Well first why do you assume you are going to end up with the house ?

That is what the divorce court decides.
    div2wice Posts: 103, Reputation: 1
    -

Nov 18, 2008, 06:57 AM
    Unfortunately, I do not believe there is. Like the other post said, unless its already been determined by the court who gets the house, and since you two are still legally married, you have no right to force him out. Basically you don't have the right to say its now your house and he should move.

The only thing you can do if you want to be away from him is move out yourself. Take your things and move to temporary housing until the divorce is final. If you want the house you need to make it clear in the divorce documents, then the court will decide. If neither of you can decide, you may be asked or ordered to sell the house and split the equity 50/50. Its best to decide this out of court if you can, otherwise you'll leave it up to the court to decide which may not be in your favor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get my husband to leave? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband is making my life a misery, he won't leave the marital home and is emotionally abusing me. He treats my 19yr old daughter the same way and yet treats our 13yr old son fine. I can't take much more I am in my third year as a student nurse and cannot afford to divorce him. He has enough...

I need to leave my husband! [ 16 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 5 years in July. We just had an all out brawl tonight. We pretty much started fighting about nothing like always and then it blew up like it always does. Anyway we have two kids together and I have one son from a previous relationship. I'm also pregnant. ...

Should I leave my husband [ 31 Answers ]

I don't know what to do. My husband and I have been married for ten years. It has been rocky from the very beginning. In the past, whenever we would get into an argument, he would become physically violent. A couple of years ago, he bit a plug out of my hand, and it required medical treatment. I...

I need to leave my husband, but I have no help [ 19 Answers ]

I have been married for 12 years and with my husband for 15. We have 3 fantastic kids ages 6, 7 & 10. They are happy go lucky kids very involved with schools and friends. My husband and I are done. Every day I pray to God to help me leave him, without disturbing the lives of my kids. My kids...

Should I leave my husband? [ 5 Answers ]

I have been married for 9 years and been with my husband for 10. I have two children and he has two other children from a previous marriage. I really need your help to clear my mind. I am having huge problems with my husband and the stepson who lives with us. First of all this child was sprung on...

View more questions Search