Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slc258 Posts: 68, Reputation: 3

Nov 15, 2008, 06:26 PM
    Hooking up new phone line to main phone box
    I am hooking up a new phone jack into the "main phone line box" in my basement... need help... I will try to explain as clearly as possible... hope not to confuse everyone.

General info that may be useful in answering my question: I currently have cabletelevision phone service modem etc... I have an alarm system... the reason why I put this new line is because I am relocating me computer, phone modem etc to another part of the house and the cable company does not set up the new jacks so either I have to do it or pay for someone. I have 2 phone numbers one for fax... each number seems to be coming from the modem with a different exit point from modem... modem has one phone line coming in to it from another jack at another part of house.

BAsement::::::I have 3 current jacks in the house so therfore I seem to have 3 phone lines pigtailed together and 1 line I believe is the alsrm system..

I have 4 pigtails at main box:

1st pig tail:2 white with blue stripes from 2 phone lines
    1 green from alarm

2nd pigtail2 blue lines from the same 2 phone lines listed in 1st pigtail
    1 red line from alarm

3rd pigtail
    Yellow from alarm
    Red from a third phone wire separate fron pigtail 1 and 2(above)

4th pigtailblack from alarm
    Green from third phone line from 3rd pigtail

Where should I tie in the new line?...my new phone line has Blue and white with blue line configuration

Thank you... sorry about details but usually I'm not detailed enough.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Check out some similar questions!

Rewiring second phone line to connect to main line. [ 7 Answers ]

I have two separate phone lines in home.. main line and second line in bedroom #2. I am cancelling my second line number as I will be using DSL in that room where computer is at. Phone company said I could rewire jack in bedroom #2 to connect to main line and could do this myself, but need some...

Switching the jack to main phone line [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! A few years ago, I got a phone line for my daughter's room/computer. My daughter is in college and now we have cable. I cancelled the 2nd line now.:o I would like to change the jack back to the main number without calling the phone company and paying a bajillion dollars! What do I do? :o

Changing disconnected phone line to same number as phone line that is active [ 3 Answers ]

If you can help I will vote for you... for any office... state or government! We have two separate phone lines. One for one room and one for another. One of the lines was cut off at our request by the phone company. We want to make the disconnected line active again and work on the same number...

How to rewire and extra line to the main phone line at the demarc [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot afford to pay ATT 99.00 to rewire a non-working phone jack to the demarc. How is this done? The main phone line is working.

Rewire second phone line to main [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a second phone line for my computer, I am dropping the second line and getting DSL. How do I rewire that second line to my main line? Thank you.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.