Daniellegirl199 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2008, 05:46 PM
    16 year old marriage
    How can I get married in the state of TN. at the age of 16
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 15, 2008, 06:17 PM

Have your parents sign for you.

But there should be no rush, if you are really in love you will be just as in love in two or three years.
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Nov 15, 2008, 06:22 PM
    To obtain a marriage license in Tennessee, both parties must appear for the issuance of the license. A Social Security number is required for both parties. The age requirement for marriage in the State of Tennessee is as follows:

1. Over 21- picture ID

2. From 18 to 21, a birth certificate.

3. From 16 to 18, you must have both parents accompany you, and sign the approval affidavit and you must bring your birth certificate. There is a 3-day waiting period.

4. If either party is under the age of 16, a waver must be issued from Juvenile Court.
    GeekerGirl86 Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Dec 6, 2008, 02:39 PM

Speaking from experience.. PLEASE WAIT TO GET MARRIED.. I was 16 when I got married now, even though we are still together 12 years later... I sacrificed so much!! You have no idea. There was a time when I resented my husband so much I thought we'd never make it... There is so much you will miss out on.. Imagine prom night with a husband instead of a date? Imagine the stress of fighting with your HS to have your records updated with your husbands last name.. Ugh its not worth it.. If he loves you and you love him and you're not rushing because you're pregnant.. WAIT 2 more years!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to divorce after 1 year marriage, wife wants house [ 6 Answers ]

A friend of mine married only 1 year ago, and now wants to divorce, but added his wife's name to the house ownership. How can he get out of the marriage and still maintain ownership of his house. The woman has not contributed to the mortgage financially or in any other way. And not currently work....

Marriage - 10 year age difference [ 8 Answers ]

I am 43 female Christian from USA. He is 33 male Muslim from India. Should we marry. I am concerned about the age and faith difference.

BAD Marriage after 1 year [ 1 Answers ]

I've been married for 1 year (8/22/08). I had a petition through my father on January 14, 1998. This made my "work permit" possible. We are mexico and my father never became a citizen even after being legal for 30+ years. He was an alcoholic, I should also say, that he was abusive (mentally,...

In our 2nd year of marriage - is it always this hard? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi all - my husband and I have been married for 2 years - in May. We have 2 wonderful daughters the oldest is 4 and the youngest is 2. He and I met 13 years ago. Throughout this time he and I have dated on and off and always seemed to have a strong connection. We had our 1st child then got...

How do I spice up my 12 year marriage? [ 7 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 12 yrs, have raised 3 children ages 25, 21, and 9. We have had our share of problems. We almost divorced once after separating several times. I have cancer and recently lost my hair from chemotherapy. I have had a total mastectomy. I am 40 and not as cute...

View more questions Search