Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bren981 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2008, 10:58 AM
    Hissing noise from all the waste pipes in the house
    I have a hissing noise eminating from all the waste pipes in the house which I can hear from the plug holes in the sinks and bath. The noise is loudest down stairs and quieter up stairs. Does anyone one know what's causing this please.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 16, 2008, 04:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bren981 View Post
    I have a hissing noise eminating from all the waste pipes in the house which I can hear from the plug holes in the sinks and bath. the noise is loudest down stairs and quieter up stairs. does anyone one know whats causing this please.
    I don't know about your drainage but this sure sound like a small pinhole pressure leak. Assumimg that you're on city water. Turn off everything in the house and go out and check the water meter. Is the little pointer moving at all? Let me know, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet tank has new ballcock assembly, 2 months later makes hissing noise [ 7 Answers ]

Two months ago my toilet suddenly stopped flushing. I replaced the old ballcock and float assemply and water fill tube and it worked fine. Two months later it now makes a hissing noise that started today. I checked the flapper, it's OK, I checked the fill line, it's OK. There is not any water...

Hissing noise in main plumbing in house [ 8 Answers ]

In the last few weeks I have noticed a steady increase in a hissing type noise coming from the pluming in my house.. from the same area where we have a water pressure control. My Neighbors recently experienced a water mains break right where it separates from the city pipes to the ones going to our...

Hissing noise on powersrtoke7.3 diesel [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1999 7.3 diesel. I start it up when its cold to warm up. It goes on high idle , like it is supposed to, but the exhaust will hiss on and off not smooth and even . It also does it driving down the road it makes the truck jerk or lunge. If it is over 40 or 45 degrees it won't do it . Other...

Noise in house pipes when sprinklers run [ 3 Answers ]

House is on city water in San Jose, CA. All plumbing inside (1/2") and outside (3/4") is new copper pipe except sprinkler pipes (3/4" PVC). Each sprinkler station has anti-siphon valves. There is a continuous loud noise like water is rushing or gurgling in all pipes inside house for the...

View more questions Search