Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sonaja1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2008, 05:32 AM
    Anxiety disorder
    My sister in law suffers from aniexty disorder and has panic attacks very often. She refuses to seek help and has said time and time again she won't take any sort of medication because she's afraid. She used to live out of state but my husband moved her closer to a suburb where we're currently living; however, she's making her life and ours a nightmare. What can we do?
    mikedem7 Posts: 104, Reputation: 13

Nov 15, 2008, 06:10 AM

Maybe you should try natural healing foy her if she will not take meds. Just Google natural healing. Let me know what happens.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2008, 12:48 PM

How is she disturbing your lives?

What have you done to protect your sanity,you know, BOUNDARIES.

Try a look at this site,let us know what you think.

Setting Personal Boundaries - protecting self

KBC
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2008, 06:38 PM

Sit down and talk to her. You have to have a backbone when dealing with people, or they will walk all over you.

When you talk, go out to lunch and have a talk without emotion... just state what upsets you and ask if both of you can work this problem out.

Best wishes,
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2008, 03:29 AM

Well I suffer from anxeity and I manage to live with it without being medicated. I've only been medicated for a short period (I lost so much weight that I had to stop), but has she considert councelling/therapy or group meetings? That might help.

When I started therapy because of depression I was asked if I wanted to start medication and I said no, and no one pushed it on me... therapy can help your sister in law and give her some tools to help her with the anxiety attacs.

One thing that helps me is to take a deep breathe through my nose and exhale from my mouth and to repeate a few times...

Another thing about therapy that I find helpful is that I get help to figure out what is causing the anxiety so that I can work on it...

Best of luck!! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anxiety disorder, social awkwardness [ 12 Answers ]

For the past few months I have been becoming more and more socially awkward. I fear that I am suffering from a mental illness, possibly Anxiety disorder, but I am looking for another opinion. Symptoms: -If someone that I don't feel completely comfortable around asks me to do something I over...

My son has bipolar/physcioaffective/ocd/social anxiety disorder/manic depressive [ 7 Answers ]

I am just looking for someone who I can converse with who is experiencing or has experienced the same thing I am going through as a mother. My son, 23, was diagnosed last year with bipolar, psycho-affective (associated with schizophrenias), social anxiety disorder, manic depressive, and over...

Anxiety [ 6 Answers ]

I'm male, 59 years old, exercise every other day for one hour on an elliptical trainer. I have an incredibly low resting pulse rate of only 45, and a resting BP of only 110/60. With numbers like these, you wouldn't think that I suffer from anxiety, but I do. I've tried listening to various CD...

Have anxiety disorder [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have had anxiety for 5 years now, icant go anywhere from my home and its getting worse. I want to know my future what will happen? Thanks

Teen With Anxiety Disorder [ 16 Answers ]

OK, so I am a teen (not old enough to be prescribed Alprazolam ) and I have a REAL bad case of anxiety disorder, now I have tried all the child anti-anxiety medication imaginable, and NOTHING! Breathing Into a bag does not help at all anymore, trying to relax does not work, all of the therapeutic...

View more questions Search