Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lizzyb6938 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2008, 01:13 AM
    Should I see him or not? (bit long, sorry)
    OK well basically some people might already know my story
    Been with boyfriend 2.5 great years. We break up (his idea) because he's going on hols, starting stressful medicine course next year and I'm possibly leaving. We meet to discuss it, have the best day, he wants to get back together (I say not right now because he's so confused), says he loves me and wants to be the man of my dreams. He cries, tells me how much he's missed me.

We speak Thursday, I suggest we do something again before he goes away because we had such a great time. He's going away in three days and is busy working, seeing family etc but suggests I come out with his group on sat night because they're having a dinner before they go away. I love his friends, they love me, I've even seen them since we broke up a week and a bit ago. So I say I'll think about it. I message him today saying 'hey, not going to come tonight, might be weird with everyone talking about us. Have a great night :-)' so he writes back saying 'hey pumpkin, how was work? Are you sure about that? It might be weird to some, but then I'm a bit weird lol.' so I said 'yeah that's true, um all right, I'll come over around 6ish.' so I have a shower, get changed and he writes me a message saying 'hey pumpkin, so good news, a lot more girls in the group are coming than I thought (he thought it might be all boys), do you think it will be fine or still awkward?' so I'm like f*** this and I call him to see what the f is going on (shouldn't have called, I know, I know).

We speak normally, he seems chatty and his normal nice self. Said that he loved me ( I hesistated in saying it back, but did) and I said so what's going on tonight. He said I don't know are you coming. I said well you seemed a bit ambivalent. So he said well I've been thinking about it for the last hour and I don't know maybe it would be a bit strange with everyone whispering and trying to figure out what's sort of going on. I think basically what happened is that he checked with his friends to see who was coming and their like 'oh Lizzy is coming, what's going on?'

He's like yeah a little so I said OK then well I won't go. He said I was thinking maybe Monday would be better, lunch on Monday like last Monday which was so wonderful. I just want the last time that I see you before I leave to be like that rather than spending the whole night with everyone else wondering what's going on. I said well I don't know if I can do Monday, I'm busy. He's like are you sure? I said yeah. He asked 'are you sure you can't just fit it in?' I said well I really don't know. He's like OK. I said tonights better for me, but I know it will be awkward. He said yeah. So I said well Monday I finish at 11:30. He said well that's fine we'll have brunch, where do you want to go? I said I don't mind. He said well lets have a think, I'll speak to you tomorrow.

I don't know if I should go or not. Honestly I kind of enfuriated at his ambivalence but then I did think it would be awkward too. In fact during the week I was saying no way am I going, his friends would just wonder what is going on and I refuse to go out with matt and them while we don't know what is going on. So I totally agree with him but I'm still frustrated. Should I go on Monday? He seemed pretty keen but I just don't know.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 15, 2008, 08:00 AM

What kind of game are you playing with each other? Your both leaving for your careers, but this game of continuing to go out, and seeing each other is accomplishing what exactly?

You both don't know what to do, and are confused. Either break up, or try the long distance thing, but this pretend dating until you have to go is only prolonging the inevitable.

Do you really need another post to keep asking the same question?? Thats very confusing to the readers.
    LifeChangesMan Posts: 329, Reputation: 39

Nov 15, 2008, 08:54 AM
    Yeah, for updates just post on the old one we'll all get it. Posting the same one is nonsense
    Lizzyb6938 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2008, 01:21 PM

Sorry OK, will only post in the old one from now on

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long does it take long term vicodin consumption to exit your system? [ 7 Answers ]

If you have been on vicodin for a long time how long does it take to get out of your system.

Long, Long, history of freezeups, and blown fuses! [ 7 Answers ]

Hello I have been having trouble with our furnace for quite some time, and I have been arguing and fighting with home issurance companies trying to get this fixed and Im tired of dealing with them so I turn here. Originally our problem began with the whole unit freezing up in the summer when...

How long is too long to have depression? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm Ariel and am 16 years old. I have had depression for about 7 years starting around the time my parents were getting a divorce. My mother took me and my 3 other sisters to a Phsyciatrist for about a year then took us out for awhile then took me back in all within 2 years. I have been very strong...

Sci fi a long long time ago [ 6 Answers ]

Do not remember much -it was in a jungle and this slime kept doubling in size and would soon take over the world. That all I can remember does anyone have any idea as to the title??

Long-short-long [ 2 Answers ]

Hey you Okay I have a dilemma.For along time I had Long hair(almost to my butt)but then I started working out and it would get sweaty so I cut it shorter(wayyy shorter like I cut off over 20 inches)but now I kind of miss my long locks! All I can do is wait.But every time I had long hair somehow I...

View more questions Search