Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    john60 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2008, 08:37 PM
    Flood light
    I have flood light that connected to another light fixture in the same line.the extising flood light has 3 wires the new flood light has 2 wires. Can I use the new flood light? Or do I have to buy a flood light with 3 wires to completed the installion.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Nov 14, 2008, 09:06 PM
    I'm not sure what a flood light with 2 wires and one with 3 wire is. :confused:

Can you describe them a bit better? Does one have a motion detector?
    Is one wire a ground?
    john60 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 08:46 AM
    The juntion boxes has three wires red black and white and ground the flood light is hooked up to black white and red I have a new flood light that I would like to install the only problem is the new fixture has only black and white wire can I use this new fixture or I have to go out and buy a fixture with 3 wires so I can just hooked it up.there is a another light also in the same line as my flood light

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motion flood light replaceing [ 1 Answers ]

I have a motion sensored flood light that I have to replace. Is this easy? When it comes to the "wiring" what do I do? I do not have a breaker to turn the power to it on and off also. Thanks

Light switch and flood [ 1 Answers ]

Well its me again I would like to say a big thanku to wally for all the help you have tried to give me the problem is now sorted it was the flood to the bathroom that caused the problem the light switch I have know installed and the wiring has dried out and electric back on.where I come from in...

Light fixture caught in a flood. [ 3 Answers ]

My 3rd floor toilet overflowed and the water came down to the second floor. It leaked through the ceiling and through the light fixture. A lot of water was dripping out of the light fixture. It's a ceiling fan. This happened two days ago but it seems to have stopped dripping water. Will I have to...

Solar flood or spot light [ 7 Answers ]

I have a small 2nd home that I am trying to light up a little better for security reasons since I am only there on weekends. I want to light up the back area with one of those dusk to dawn lights, but all I can find are those that are motion sensor type lights that need to be plugged in. I am...

Outside flood light wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to add outside flood lights to my metal workshop building. Since all the wiring will come from the interior of the building, do I need to use special water tight wiring to install the flood lights on the outside of the building or can I use the flex cable I have been using to wire the...

View more questions Search