Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Luigi420 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2008, 08:07 PM
    Gas won't stay on after shuting off and turning back on
    I just installed a new gas clothes dyer and of course had to shut off the gas at the service valve. The problem is when I turned the gas back on nothing will stay lit for longer than a few seconds, and that is after letting the applinces sit for a min to let the gas build up. I don't think it is air in the lines because all my aplinces have electric igniters.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 15, 2008, 05:01 AM
    Hi Luigi420...

And that's the issue.. electronic ignitors don't ignite gas/air like a torch or a flame would... I'm going to bet you that it's air in the line... especially if you are getting gas in a sputter at the pilot.

Here, loosen the nut at the flexible connector to the dryer and wait until you smell the gas reallllllly strongly. May be good idea to do it a couple times... then let the air in room equalize and try this again.

Let me know what happens... ;)

MARK

mikedem7 Posts: 104, Reputation: 13

Nov 15, 2008, 06:15 AM

If you have not used the gas line for a while sometimes spiders will make a nest in the line. Disconnect everything and blow the line out with an air compressor.
    Luigi420 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2008, 07:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedem7 View Post
    if you have not used the gas line for a while sometimes spiders will make a nest in the line. disconnect everything and blow the line out with an air compressor.
    Thanks,
    The compressor trick worked, I don't think it was spiders though. It was only off for mayby 10 minutes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Turning property back to the bank [ 6 Answers ]

Due to many unforseen situations, I cannot make the payements on my house and want to know if I can turn the property over to the mortgage company? If so, how do I go about dong this?

Goodman furnace not working after turning off and back on [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, we purchased a Goodman furnace June 2006. When we turn off the furnace, and turn it back on, the furnace does not work. I've left numerous voice mail and text messages for Air Kings in Columbus, Oh and they do not return my call. This is the company that installed the furnace. It is 30...

My computer keeps unexpectadly turning off and sometimes not coming back on [ 4 Answers ]

Whenever I am using my computer, it sometimes just turns off. Ill be in the middle of watching a movie or in the middle of a game, and it just unexpectedly turns off. And when I go back to turn it on. It keeps turning off several times before the welcome screen comes on. I am afraid that this...

Turning Water back on for bathroom sink [ 1 Answers ]

I had a clog in the pipes under my bathroom sink. I shut off the hot and cold water valves before removing the pipes (just in case someone accidentally turned the water on while working). I ended up replacing the pipes and got everything set up. I turned the water valves back on but, when I turn...

Daughters turning their back on Mom, for Dads attention [ 2 Answers ]

After a divorce my children's father had issues with our children for 17 years. The first few years after he left he seriously mentally abused them. Eventually he pretty much stayed out of the picture and created a life in another state. The kids and I suffered a great deal but we moved on with...

View more questions Search