Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 8, 2010, 10:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by willow_trees View Post
    spaying a great dane before they are twelve months old increases the risk of bone cancer (which is more of a problem in large breeds anyway), and also gives them time to develop properly. My vet definitely recommends waiting at least 12 months before speying a Great Dane.
    Please refrain from posting on old threads. This one was started in 2008.

I realize that with the new skin that AMHD is using, the search function directs people to older threads, but please look at the dates before posting.

I'm closing this thread.

Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Great dane [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have a great dane and he is about 5 month old and wheighs 60 lb. I just want to know what I can expect on how big he is going to be in height and wheight? Thank James

My Great Dane doesn't like to Eat [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a rather large problem with our pet Dane. He has no interest in any kind of food that dogs are meant to eat. He is now 20 months old and we have had nothing but problems with him over his lack of eating. He has never showen any interest in food other than cat food. But just...

Looking for a great dane stud... [ 8 Answers ]

Does anyone know of or have a male Dane in Arizona that would be interested in breeding. I found a lady in Iowa, but it's sooo far. We also tried a lady in tucson and my girl rejected him 2 heats ago. I already know why, so I don't need advice on that, I just need a nice male. And a puppy...

Great Dane Great Strain? [ 8 Answers ]

I love great danes!! I have and always will love them. In general I love big dogs! My question is though if I were to get a great dane what's my cost looking at what are some of the problems that are spefic to great danes behaviour and health wise (ex. Yorkies have hip problems) also I really want...

My great dane won't eat [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have two great dane mixes. They are mostly dane, but their mom is a doberman. They are very friendly and well-mannered. They always remain outside and sleep warmly in the garage. They are both sisters and 8 months old. They were given to us and Fibi eats well and was much healthier...

View more questions Search