Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Staserbeam Posts: 33, Reputation: 7

Nov 14, 2008, 01:37 PM
    To use a color removal or not?
    Ive always had blonde hair. Over the years, the constant highlighting did quite a bit of damage to it. I didn't realize the extent of the damage until I used Clairol Shimmer Lights Shampoo to take some of the brassy out - and the purple color of the shampoo tinted my blonde hair blue. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. I had been eyeing Jennifer Aniston's hair color, and decided now was as good as anytime to try the more golden hue. After careful consideration and deliberation, I also opted to cut my hair into a short bob and cut the dead, damaged ends off in an effort for it to grow long and healthy.
    I went to a stylist that I had only been to once before, but was very impressed with her the first time. I told her exactly what I wanted, and showed several pictures of both the cut and color that I wanted.
    The cut came out great. I love it. The color, however, is not at all the golden-honey hue that I wanted. It's more of a chocolate brown. The colors aren't at all even close. She told (after she had already colored it) that my hair was too damaged to get the shade I wanted, so she would have to go darker than I initially wanted and let it fade to the correct shade. (If I had known this was the case, I would have opted for just the hair cut and not the color at all.)
    She told me to give it a week (this was done on Wednesday) and that if it didn't fade to the color (she used a semi-permanent color) I wanted that she would highlight it. (Which I want to avoid. My goal was to go darker over the winter - a warmed up version of my natural color - and let it grow.)
    I've tried Prell shampoo several times -along with hot oil treatments, and while some of the color has faded - it certainly hasn't dramatically altered the shade.
    Im just not used to the dark hair, and it was certainly a shock to go from almost platinum to brown. I plan to give it a week like my stylist suggested, but Im not convinced that the color will be what I want to be by then.
    My question is about using color removal. What color will the hair return to since my hair was bleached before the dark was applied? Will it simply return to that blonde state? Im terribly afraid of streaking, or of the color removal changing my hair to a heinous color that will do nothing but damage my hair anymore.
    Any advice would be greatly greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!

Check out some similar questions!

Loreal Hair Color Removal Kit [ 12 Answers ]

Has anyone use a Haircolor Removal Kit by Loreal? My stylist died half of my hair DARK brown, almost black, and the top is a nice shade of bright blonde. My hair is naturally Blonde, and I wanted some darker blonde/light brown contrasting colors underneath. I now look like a skunk or...

Removal of dark hair color [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter decided to color her black how can I get rid of this awful color:

Removal of faded semi permanent hair color [ 1 Answers ]

I need help removing red semi permanent hair dye to restore my natural strawberry blond color. Any help?

Hair color removal [ 1 Answers ]

I have dyed my hair burgundy, (black cherry) brand was garnier--my hair was pale blonde before dye but had some orange in hair due to well water used for 3 months before I dyed hair--the black cherry dye turned hair purple and did not cover well---I have an important job interview and have only 24...

Beauty, hair color removal [ 1 Answers ]

Tried to strip my naturally grey and black hair (colored with robert craig brown to a dark brown) and got ORANGE. Used loreal super bleach blonde, which in the past has given me white/very light blonde, which are fine. Hated it. Dyed it with clairol natural instincts black. Tried a few...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.