Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DeadNewEra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2008, 11:34 AM
    Another Person with Multimedia problems
    I know this is a question asked a lot but, I just finished installing XP on my computer, and I have the whole no sound, Multimedia Audio Controller not working right and that, but I've attempted to download every possible driver for my computer that I can find, and none of them work. I have a Compaq Presario SR1750NX, would buying a sound card fix this problem? Only thing I know I can't do is re-install XP, I lost the disc :(
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Nov 14, 2008, 06:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadNewEra View Post
    ...i've attempted to download every possible driver for my computer that i can find, and none of them work.
    I didn't find one either.

The audio chip pictured on the ASUS A8EA-LE motherboard photo at HP/Compaq's site looks like a Realtek ALC658 or ALC858. So... try the generic PC Audio > AC'97 audio > Software driver for your operating system from Realtek at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadNewEra View Post
    would buying a sound card fix this problem?
    Yes, as long the package included drivers for Windows XP.

I'm also curious... where did you find the chipset drivers?? Those drivers were also not offered on HP's site. Both drivers were likely included on the original hard drive or a CD the computer shipped with if you have access to those.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lost sound on my computer. Problems with multimedia controllers. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I seem to have accidentally deleted the software for my audio chip in my computer... being that I don't have the original software disc to re-install it, I was wondering what can I do to get this to work again... I seam to hear a lot about installing new drivers but I'm not sure which ones to...

Other law--Any time a person asks this of another person, it must be respected. If I [ 1 Answers ]

Any time a person asks this of another person, it must be respected. If it is not, legal action can be taken against the person who is contacting someone who doesn't want to be contacted. I that true?? Panda1969

Many problems in one person [ 1 Answers ]

So here's the deal.. I am in Band as an elective, the sax next to me is a perv. Im going out with the calanet in front of me. The french horn next to me is my best friend since 1st grade.. then farther down there's a trumpet.. so my girlfriend is a nice person. She is cool to me and everyone else....

View more questions Search