Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GEDoud Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2008, 11:09 AM
    Wiring a 2 speed blower motor
    I scavenged a working motor from our old furnace a/c unit and recently installed it (and ductwork) in my basement to draw excess hot air from around our fireplace insert on the main level. Unfortunately the motor only seems to be blowing in the a/c mode which is much too fast even for pulling hot air downstairs. It has a capacitor, but what else do I need to do to run it at the lower speed. Would a manual switch work? I'm assuming an industrial type rotary control would kill the motor if the speed was too low.

Gregg:confused:
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 14, 2008, 04:30 PM
    Look at the bottom of this post. It has a wiring diagram for different blower motors.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...ml#post1368611

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing a 3 wire GE furnace blower motor with a newer Dayton 4M098G multi speed mo [ 1 Answers ]

My GE furnace blower was a very simple, 5 wire installation, which the bearings wore out on. I am now truing to convert the wiring to adapt to my older furnace, and the new motor has more wires, and different color wires, and the schematic on the motor is too simple, it does not address the...

Blower motor only runs in low speed [ 1 Answers ]

Im running my air conditioning and my blower motor is only running in low speed. I have a american standard furnace model no. ud080c936j I came home from work and the house was hot so I went to turn on the air but it was already on. So I went down to check the furnace and the blower wasn't...

Can blower motor speed be adjusted on a Day and Night furnace ? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Day and Night up flow furnace, about 13 years old. Can the blower motor speed be adjusted to a slower speed ? There is only 8 feet of duct and the noise coming out of the registers is very loud. Model # 395CAV036055 66,000 BTU Blower # 511, 1/3 hp If no one has any info, does...

High Speed Blower motor [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Pulse 21 gas single zone forced air furnace. The blower motor is supposed to have 3 speeds. Right now everything works but when I turn on my AC the blower uses the same speed that it does for heat. Could there be something wrong or do I just need to rewire something?

View more questions Search