Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jazy16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2006, 12:44 AM
    Birth control and Plan B Questions Please help!
    Hello, I just started to take Alesse-28, thirteen days ago, and I had unprotected sex on the 12 day, He did not ***** inside of me but I still took the extra precaution and called the clinic and I asked them if I was safe, they told me I wasn't. They advised me to take the Plan B pill to be extra safe, so I did. But they also told me that I didn't wait long enough to have sex they told me that the right amount to wait was 1 month. I have no idea what to believe, because the pamphlet says to wait only 10 days and the people on the internet say that I only have to wait 7 days. Well now that I am on the Plan B I have no idea what's going on... my period is not due till 2 weeks from now but I am spotting brown and I do have pms. I'm moody, fatigue, dizzy, mild cramps and I have many headaches and I don't know if what I'm feeling is my period coming or I'm having side effects from the pill.
    Please help, am having side effects from the plan B pill?
    When should I expect my period?
    Should I be feeling this bad?
    When should the side effects of the plan B pill go away?
    So Confused! Please Help!
    ndx Posts: 79, Reputation: 21

Jun 21, 2006, 01:04 AM
    Well, to be safe, wait the longest amount! I know its sex, but really, if you go to all that effort trying to protect yourself to just blow it away then...

I expect your period should come at the normal time, in two weeks time, because all the "plan B pill" does is give you a higher does of the hormone levonorgestrel, wich is what's inside the usual pill. As long as you took it within the first 2/3 days, it should decrease your chances of getting pregnant by around 89% so you should be OK.

If you really think your period is starting early then I would run to the doctors, as for side effects I don't think that is one of them.

-Chris :)

(I know all this because I have sisters :eek: )
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 25, 2006, 11:11 AM
    Hi Jazy..
    Take it from someone who knows.. when you first start the contraceptive pill, you should take it for at least a month, have a normal period, and then 'think' about having unprotected sex. To avoid not just pregnancy, but some serious unwanted diseases, you should always have a condom with you.

The symptoms you are going through are normal for some young women who are starting on the pill and sometimes their boobs even grow a bit more, feeling swelled up. Don't forget that your whole system has to get used to the change in hormones. This should not worry you.

The Plan B pill also has a tendency to make you spot, whether you 'conceived' or not, as it's function is to break down the 'bed' so that an egg cannot attach itself.

May I suggest that you make an appointment with your GYN doctor and wait this month, and if possible, the next month out before you have unprotected sex again. Even though, I personally don't think unprotected sex is a good idea.

If you know your b/f very well, and you can 'talk' to each other.. suggest he take as many precautions as both of you need to have joy and fun in growing up without all those complications.

Have a safe and happy youth..

There is something to the saying: "Better safe, than sorry"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth control pills [ 5 Answers ]

I was using birth control pills(CONTRACEPTIVE LD, Ethinyl Estradiol 0.03 Levonorgestrel 0.15 ) for 8months,on 8th months time I start had brown discharge,I went to doctor,doctor said maybe is infection OR pills is not good for you anymore so doctor gave me cream for infection & new birth control...

Bleeding during birth control [ 4 Answers ]

I have a question regarding bleeding during birth control. I have been on the pill for over 7 years for endometriosis. I have always had regular periods while on the pill and have always been on the same kind, never switching brands. Right now I have about half done my pack of pills and a I...

Birth Control: [ 61 Answers ]

What is God's will regarding the use of birth control? HANK :)

Birth Control [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if you have been taking birth control for a really long time and you think you might be pregnant. Could the birth control screw up the results?

Men's Birth Control [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I wonder if someone can answer my question about Men's Birth Control, as far as I heard, now adays there are ways other than use of contraceptive techniques I mean by surgery, so how true is that? Thanks in advance

View more questions Search