Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    image24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2008, 06:44 AM
    How to deal with My mothers hate towards me.
    Hello There,
    I am currently living in a situation where I am emotionally abused on a daily basis. I am living at home with my mother and sister and my child after a relationship breakdown. To the outside world I am confident and carefree. I am the one my friends come to for advice. The problem is my mother, career wise she is held in high esteem people look up to her.it's very stressfull. I have suffered from depression and panic attacks for most of my adult life. My mother never hit me until I was 17, and I probably deserved then. The thing is she is very insulting in the event of a row she will hurl insults referring to things I had done as a child how I have destroyed her life, how she wishes I was never born how I have cursed her life, How I dissapoint her what a terrible mother I am How she hates me, how I disgust her. I have sought help for my panic attacks etc in the past and was given medication she sneers at this and jeers me, she makes comments about my weight ( I put on a few extra pounds after the birth of my child). This living situation is really getting me down but financially I am stuck at the moment. Sometimes when she is really furious she will punch me try to choke me knock me down. She goes into a rage. I know this type of behaviour, is so wrong. The way she treats me really gets me down. I am so embarrassed I could never say it too my friends. Despite being so abusive towards me she depends on me for so much. She thankfully does not treat my sister like this. I cannot understand why she treats me this way when all I have done is support and stand up for her throughout my life. Can A mother hate their child so much?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 14, 2008, 07:59 AM

How soon will it be before you can stand on your own?

You don't have to take abuse from anyone, not even your mom. Stand up for yourself, while you make a plan to get out.
    hodgech1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2009, 08:56 AM

Distance is the key to your breakthrough with your mother. Then prepare yourself because it will get worse when you get on your feet. All mothers aren't good mothers. There is something in you that she wishes she has. She is not happy with herself, so she uses you to bet up on instead of herself. Try to start getting as much money as possible to get your freedom. You can don it. 1 dollar a day and smile all day everyday with the thought that you will leave. Let this be the guide to your path of freedom.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I deal with my children who now hate me for being who I am. [ 9 Answers ]

Im 42 yrs old I have 3 children 11yr old daughter and 13yr old boy/girl twins. I recently came out to them over the christmas holiday after being divorce from their father for 5 1/2yrs. I never dated anyone when they were with me it was always the kids time. I am now in a seriously committed...

I hate myself.I hate my work but have no other option.what should I do? [ 14 Answers ]

I hate myself.I hate my work but have no other option. People near me are OK but are always either scared or are in an licking state. I hate the environment. I can't quit because I hate to learn and what I know is not good enough. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee tell me what shoul I do! anyone!

Why mothers hate their children [ 121 Answers ]

Inputs from mothers please... I know this is a sensitive topic but as an adult child and chatting with friends, I have found this to be a common phenomenon. Any thoughts would be appreciated to relieve this pain. Mothers seem to be (and are) destroying their children's life on purpose. ...

Why do some mothers hate their own children [ 14 Answers ]

My mom is so mean and says the ugliest words to me. She will look me right in the face and call me a .bShe talks about me behind my back.no matter what I do I can't satisfy her.She makes me feel so unloved and hurt.what do I need to do to avoid all this hurt and pain.:( :(

Marrying a gril whose mothers surname is same as my mothers [ 4 Answers ]

I am jain, I love one girl from our caste ,her mothers family surname and my mothers family surname is same? Now I was was not knowng her until I met her , she is not related to me , yet everyone is sayng it will be like brother sister marriage! Also people talk about genetic problems due to...

View more questions Search