Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mouli Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2006, 06:18 PM
    Scar removal
    I have scars which I got by peeling my acne the scars are on ma biceps and my chest and face they are dark brownish scars can someone tell me a cream or a technique which is useful for getting rid of these ugly scars
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 20, 2006, 07:24 PM
    Mederma works well for these kinds of scars.
    joelandd Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2006, 06:12 PM
    Laser Resurfacing
    slapped Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2006, 08:24 AM
    Does mederma work on all skin types... can it be used on scars received from laser hair removal burns?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jul 20, 2006, 06:11 PM
    Acne scars are visible reminders of injury and tissue repair. When tissue suffers an injury, the body rushes its “repair team” to the injury site. This specialized team includes white blood cells and an array of inflammatory molecules that work to fight infection and heal damaged tissue. Once the infection is gone, however, the tissue can’t always be restored to its former state.

Acne scarring can be treated with over-the-counter topical agents, or prescription medications such as Retin-A and Renova. Although proper treatment for acne may help minimize scarring, several dermatological procedures such as dermabrasion, chemical peels, laser skin resurfacing and collagen injection may help to further minimize any acne scars. Consult your dermatologist to find out if your particular situation may be improved with these treatments.
    lolly-queen Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2006, 11:13 AM
    I'm not sure but can't lemon juice delluted with water work on this also? :confused:
    -

Jul 21, 2006, 06:48 PM
    The longer the scar has been present, the more difficult it will be to alter its appearance. It may be possible to fade acne scars with lemon juice. The citric acid that it contains help to remove dead skin cells, increase skin elasticity, and help new cell growth. However, could be irritating for people with sensitive skin.

Lemon juice (as a drink) is one of the best juices you can drink for your skin's health. It contains many minerals, which will eliminate acid waste. Lemon juice will help improve digestion, reduce infections, and help to clear skin disorders like acne.
    g_gvs Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2006, 04:12 PM
    I shaved down under 5 years ago for the first time.
    Developed razor bumps and itching.
    I used dettol to clean. The skin became kind of
    Black/purple in between the thigh areas
    Is there's anyway to get my skin back to my normal color
    live10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2006, 05:21 PM
    Lemon juice or go to a laser doctor.
    natedoggg Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2006, 02:33 PM
    You might want to try bio-oil. A lot of people swear by it for stretch marks and scars. It is a product that comes from the UK.
    -

Sep 26, 2006, 09:32 PM
    Mederma is designed for all skin tones. It's suppose to help scars appear softer and smoother. However, it's more effective on newer scars.
    stealthsaleh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2006, 04:49 AM
    [QUOTE=PrettyLady]The longer the scar has been present, the more difficult it will be to alter its appearance. It may be possible to fade acne scars with lemon juice. The citric acid that it contains help to remove dead skin cells, increase skin elasticity, and help new cell growth. However, could be irritating for people with sensitive skin.

Lemon juice (as a drink) is one of the best juices you can drink for your skin's health. It contains many minerals, which will eliminate acid waste. Lemon juice will help improve digestion, reduce infections, and help to clear skin disorders like acne.[/QUOTE

Hi do use lemon juice on your face or do you drink it
    -

Dec 18, 2006, 06:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthsaleh

hi do use lemon juice on your face or do you drink it
    You can drink it or use it on your skin to help fade spots. But, keep in mind that if your skin is sensitive, lemon juice can irritate your skin.
    Reha Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2006, 02:28 AM
    For acne scars
    Use equal quantity of lemon juice and cucumber juice apply it for 15 min wash off with cold water... dis regime is for oily skin...

For dry skin add honey to da above mixture
    cannonn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2006, 10:52 PM
    Is mederma available in indian stores (preferably in hyderabad).if so please can you give the contact details of the dealers in india.
    nattyc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2010, 07:25 AM

ScarAway silicone gel helps all kind of scars... surgery scars and burn scars and acne scars and stretch marks.

Silicone is proven to help scars. There are studies for over 20 years on silicone gel being effective for reducing scars and helping to prevent new ones.

I have used both their Silicone scar sheets (more like soft fabric self adhesive patches) and their gel, which is clear, and has no smell at all. I am a fan of both.
    lJ. Posts: 446, Reputation: 21

Oct 10, 2010, 01:19 PM

Try Mederma and Vitamin E. How long have the scars been present?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best scar treatment? [ 14 Answers ]

Well I recently got in a car accident about 4 weeks ago, and I got cut pretty bad on my face, and has a big scar... anyone know of a real good scar treatment that has worked for theM?? I have tried mederma and have seen no results.

Dew Claw Removal [ 7 Answers ]

I was just wondering if anyone had any good pictoral articles on exactly how to remove the dew claws on new born puppies. I've found a few but they only show before and after not exactly where and how to cut. Any help is appreciated.

Lessening scar visibility [ 8 Answers ]

Lets say I get hurt. A one inch scar is expected. What should I do to lessen a distinctive colour (lighter/darker) tone patch of scar? Or make it heal faster and better? Better by means of look more skin-like.

Morter removal [ 1 Answers ]

How do you remove morter from fire place brick pavers .

Frost removal [ 1 Answers ]

I accidentally washed part of the sandy/frosting stuff off the globes from our overhead light fixtures. I was able to completely remove it from one of them but the other two are being more stubborn. What might I use to more easliy remove this stuff from the others?

View more questions Search