Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    craftymom3954 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2008, 08:53 PM
    Blood Tests
    Will a blood test taken monthly as required for prescribing Acutane also show if birth control is being used?
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2008, 06:59 AM

Doubtful,but I really don't know for sure.

The blood results are for a specific enzyme level in the liver(GHT I think)Not any other medications, especially if they don't effect the liver functions.

Maybe a medical nurse(I know a great adviser,J-9) who might shed some better light from a medical viewpoint.

KBC

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blood tests or urine tests? [ 2 Answers ]

I usually have irregular periods. They sometimes come every month, and sometimes a/f doesn't come but every other month. I have never gone three months without a/f. I took 4 pregnant. Tests. All urine home pregnancy tests. They all came out negative. I am wondering if I take a blood test, can...

Reading blood tests [ 7 Answers ]

My daughter recently had blood drawn and I am trying to educate mykself as to how to decypgher it all. The areas I do not know about are: absolute neutrophils, hematocrit, albumin, and tpmt genotype. Can anyone help me determine what these tests are and how I can tell if the result is...

Can blood tests tell if you were on Vicodin? [ 1 Answers ]

Can blood tests tell if you were on Vicodin? I might be getting one in acouple hours.. so I might be screwed... help!

Neg blood tests [ 10 Answers ]

I just thought I would share this information that was shared with me... lol... it's funny how we think that blood tests are the end all for knowing if your pregnant or not. This is another site that has a message board and it is to this board that the like goes too... I hope everyone finds it as...

Blood tests- please help [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I got tested at a dept of health facility in the DC area a few weeks ago.A week after I had sorethroat and mild cold.I went back and asked the nurse if there was a chance I might have been contaminated by someone else's needle. She said NO... but I am very concerned that she might have drawn...

View more questions Search