Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janenspoon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2008, 06:43 PM
    From cobra to medicare and supplementary disabled and under 65
    What are the rules for getting supplementary ins. If you are exhausting cobra ins. And going on medicare 12-01-08and you are disabled and under 65?
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2008, 07:13 PM

If you are eligible for medicare(disabled?) Age doesn't make any difference.

Medicare(not medicaid)will cover a lot of situations,but you'll need pharmaceutical coverage for cheaper medications.

I am not sure this answers your question, let me know.

KBC
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 13, 2008, 08:00 PM

As soon as you are qualified for medicare you can buy a suppliment. And it may include a drug plan

Also there are managed care plans, that are available that are fairly popular currently

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cobra 148gtl-dx [ 3 Answers ]

Retired 18 wheeler looking to sell a Cobra 148gtl-dx and need to know about what the going value is? Earle

Medicare for the disabled [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I am disabled but still in the 2 year waiting period for medicare. I have been recently diagnosed with Sarcoidosis, is there any way I can get medicare now, or do I still have to wait? I am not eligible for medicaid and will be losing Family health plus at the end of the month due to my...

Cobra more than once? [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone have been on Cobra continuation coverage for the maximum period of eligibility (18months), then become insured with a new employer, retire, and be eligible for a brand new 18 month period of Cobra benefit coverage under the new employer's plan?

COBRA Eligibility [ 1 Answers ]

If I decide to quit my existing job where I Have been for 8 months and have medical insurance can I elect COBRA continuation even though I have only been there 8 months?

View more questions Search