Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dpb47 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2006, 04:21 PM
    Hamton Bay Fan - Noisy
    The remote control works fine. My problem is a pulsing noise which is loud on high speed and less on each of the other speeds. The blades remain constant on which ever speed that is chosen. I'm looking to find the cause of the pulsing noise. Is it the receiving unit for the remote?

Thanks
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2006, 09:31 AM
    Is it a mechanical noise or an electrical noise?

There are a few sections on reducing fan noise here:

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...ng-and-FAQ.php
    fanman9952 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Apr 24, 2012, 12:15 PM
    It could be the capisator or the remotr receiver. Also, It's a store brand which uses cheaper low end parts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan too noisy [ 5 Answers ]

I installed a ceiling fan with the toggle dimmer to slow down the fan blade and now the fan motor is too noisy, what can I do to quiet it down. Tony

Haunted Hamton Ceiling Fan! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! Yesterday our Hampton Bay Windward III ceiling fan decided to start coming on by itself! Anyone know why? Or how to fix it? Thanks!

Noisy pipes [ 2 Answers ]

Whenever I turn on my water the water pipes make a loud noise. What could it be?

Noisy central a/c outside fan [ 1 Answers ]

The outside fan on the compressor and coil unit has suddenly become very noisy and the fan is going very fast. I called Sears for service as it is on a prepaid maintenance contract but they can't come for 8 days. I have turned it off so no a/c. Is it OK to turn it on as it will be fairly hot in...

Hamton Bay Fan - Windward II [ 2 Answers ]

I have six of the above fans and the lights ontwo fans have stopped working. The fans are approximately 2 yeas old. I have tried new light bulbs wit no affect. Does anyone have any ideas as to what to try next? Thanks in advance, Ed

View more questions Search